“Weird!”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had been to Oasis before for lunch - and liked their sandwich. The next time was on a Sunday - and they have a brunch menu. I arrived an hour before closing and that may explain my weird experience. I and my friend wanted to order one of their "benedict" dishes (five of the 12 dishes were benedicts - eggs, vege, steak etc.) After we placed the order the waitress returned to tell us that they had run out of the hollandiase sauce - and the chef could make another batch but he would prefer we pick another item. I didn't think it was wise to annoy the chef. No telling what you'll get. So I ordered a "breakfast burrito" - and it was dry, wrapped in a thick tortilla (that's New Mexico for you! Very poor tortillas) - and very mediocre. The iced tea was also poor and almost tasteless. But the ambience of the place is great and my friend and I had a good time catching up. I should perhaps have insisted that the chef make a batch of hollandaise.

1  Thank Jacob K

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I disliked everything. The one server available suggested the crab cake after I told her I couldn't eat any grain or dairy, and it had both. The salad with it looked wilted and not fresh, and so did my friend's. We waited over 1/2 hour for our order, even though there were only two other tables, and when I hadn't touched my food she asked if I wanted something else. I said no, since the food looked so awful, and she didn't take my order off the bill. I didn't argue with her because my friend just wanted to leave. To top it off, when I used the restroom there was no soap, and when I told the server, she told the cook! He said he'd get it in a minute, and I had to stand there waiting to wash my hands! I finally just left w/o washing them. Disgusting!

1  Thank katydid23
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Yes, you can find a great espresso in Corrales! Customers are not rushed if they wish to linger over coffee/dessert/sandwich. There is a nice selection of wines.
Service is some times spotty. However no one ever seems to be in a hurry in Corrales. Locals drop in for lunch and to chat. You can sit inside or out year around.

2  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 24 December 2011

A soothing atmosphere of fountains, statuary, and art combined with good food and service made for an enjoyable first visit. The dinner menu fits comfortably on one page, but offers a nice variety from creative salads to steak and fries.

1  Thank MJB425
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I always enjoy a drive through the small community of Corrales, New Mexico-more so when I have an occasion to stop for a meal. My wife and I along with two other couples decided this evening we would have dinner at “The Oasis of Corrales,” a recent addition to the community. The weekday dinner menu is not elaborate but in addition, and as this is Wednesday, the restaurant provides entertainment via a quiz contest. The menu offers three different pizzas, a salad, hamburger and “steak frits.” The wine list offers glass or bottle options but seemed a bit pricey either way. Each couple of the group ordered the “Corrales Hamburger” and a Margarita pizza to share. Both the meal and the quiz were entertaining. However, the restaurant’s acoustics are not conducive to table talk combined with amplified sound hence the quiz game was difficult to follow. There appeared to be only one waiter so the cook may have helped with some of the table service, I was not entirely sure on this point though.

1  Thank MaxRoadster