“Terrific Food, Wonderful Atmosphere”
Review of The Oasis of Corrales - CLOSED

The Oasis of Corrales
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've become regulars at the Oasis because the food is flavorful and fresh and the ambiance is soothing and pleasant. The brunch menu is inventive, with flavors chosen to complement each other. Nothing is oversauced and the entrees are artfully arranged in addition to tasting delicious.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

Environment is well~appointed with many water features and clever decor. Chicken salad was nicely presented with fresh and organic greens. Service was attentive and "on." Bread was toasty and lite. Had a refreshing good time in the desert.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

2nd visit! Had the Corrales hot dog-indescribably delicious. Friendly, attentive staff. Calm and tranquil.

1  Thank Gregory G
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The food is wholesome, there is a large variety, and excellent presentation. Delightful bistro-style food, and plenty of it! The burgers are terrific--try the one with properly grilled bacon, guacamole and cheddar--on ciabatta buns. Soul-satisfying!
The ambiance reminds me of an estate garden. People can hear themselves talk but with the fountains, and the walls of ivy, you don't have to raise your voice to hear over the other tables. The artwork contributes handsomely to the feeling of peace.
A careful selection of beers and wine are available to moisten your palette.
Service is excellent! Servers are charming, and always focused on meeting the needs of the customers with a smile and sometimes humor.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I had been to Oasis before for lunch - and liked their sandwich. The next time was on a Sunday - and they have a brunch menu. I arrived an hour before closing and that may explain my weird experience. I and my friend wanted to order one of their "benedict" dishes (five of the 12 dishes were benedicts - eggs, vege, steak etc.) After we placed the order the waitress returned to tell us that they had run out of the hollandiase sauce - and the chef could make another batch but he would prefer we pick another item. I didn't think it was wise to annoy the chef. No telling what you'll get. So I ordered a "breakfast burrito" - and it was dry, wrapped in a thick tortilla (that's New Mexico for you! Very poor tortillas) - and very mediocre. The iced tea was also poor and almost tasteless. But the ambience of the place is great and my friend and I had a good time catching up. I should perhaps have insisted that the chef make a batch of hollandaise.

1  Thank Jacob K