“Pleasent surprise”

Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Dallas, Texas
“Pleasent surprise”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were caught in the bad weather while driving towards El Paso and ended up in Deming as the driving trip got much longer than expected. We always stay in Comfort Inn and Suites and looked for one there. I spoke with a very knowledgeable person Mark who found a room for us. We were extremely delighted with the decision as we found the hotel, room and breakfast really good. Front desk employees (both Mark and Yolanda) were very nice and helpful and the lady serving the breakfast (Arley) was so efficient and fast that made my entire family very impressed. We really liked our stay there and will certainly recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel staff was great, very helpful and kind. I stayed for an extended period of time and when ever I had any issue it was solved immediately. The manager was really helpful. The rooms are really clean room service was on point everyday. The breakfast was on time fresh and stocked great everday. no complaints what so ever.

• Stayed February 2014
Pinedale, Wyoming
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is not an area with a lot of motels to choose from. I made two, two night stays in December 2013 and May, 2014. Clean, have not found anything wrong with the rooms. Breakfast was okay. Facility is clean and does not have any smells. Rooms relatively large. Not much of view since you are downtown. Seems to fill up pretty readily, so make reservations online, beforehand. No freeway noise and the trains seem far enough away. I would call, or make reservations on the Choice Hotels Site before staying there since they can fill up. Rates vary for the same room depending on the day of the week, and the discounts you can get on the website. I get AAA or business or geezer or Choice Hotels Member discounts. Staff helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: You may want to stay away Pine Street towards the south, since the motel borders own this heavily us...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John A
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a decent hotel for a couple nights. Check in went well; I was recognized as a Choice member and a snack bag was in the room. This hotel has DirecTV so you have many channels to select from. The room and bed were fine, staff friendly.

Breakfast was standard Comfort fare but I must admit the biscuits and gravy were something concocted by this property. I know Comfort biscuits & gravy and this was not issued by Choice. The biscuits looked like something from the Pillsbury tube baked days ago and the gravy was a watery disappointment. I see reviews complaining about the biscuits & gravy going back to November 2013 but it apparently has not been corrected. I would expect the GM to address this problem and not just respond with a standard "we're sorry we did not meet your expectations" response.

Overall, this was a decent stay and I will stay here again when passing through Deming.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Just had a very positive experience at Comfort Inn in Deming. Arrived late on a Sunday night, staff check-in was quick and efficient. I received Room 145. Room was big, very clean and the bed was comfortable... no complaints. The next morning the included breakfast had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, pretty much the standard fair in this price category. While nothing new, everything was good. What also really impressed me was the staff at check-out, they were very friendly and took the time answering my several questions about local businesses. I paid $85.00 plus tax.

Be advised if you arrive late, especially on a Sunday night. Dinner choices can be limited. There is a KFC, Taco Bell, and Wendy's within walking distance. Everything else was closed when I arrived.

I don't stay at Comfort Inns too often, but I have to say this one was an exceptional property. Go ahead and book it, I had a great stay. Thanks Comfort Inn Deming.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Vernon, Colorado
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I came down from Colorado on business trip. Because of wind needed a room rather than start back home. Check in was quick and efficient, staff was/is very friendly. Manager gave me her card and made it clear if I/we had any problems to let her know. I needed to make a repair later in evening and they had a small sewing kit for me. I may be back if the job works on about a weekly basis and I plan to stay here. Best breakfast selection I have seen in a motel in last 8 months.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Demingnm113, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel

As the new GM here at comfort inn in Deming gives me a special smile knowing that you had a good experience here. Should you ever need any assistance please feel free to call me.

Pamela Parker-Bolton
1010 Pine St.
Deming NM 88030
575-544-3600
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Pleasant staff, nice comfortable room for a one-night stopover. The breakfast included was no bargain. Everything seemed old and dry like it had been cooked the day before. The biscuits were hard and tasteless and the gravy barely warm and too runny. However a much better deal than you will get by staying at a motel next to the freeway. Go downtown for dinner, we ate at Si Senor (reviewed separately on TA) downtown, excellent!!. Avoid the Grand Restaurant near this motel at all cost.

Room Tip: Further from the street the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveltheworld012
Demingnm113, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Deming, responded to this review, 24 January 2014

PAMELA BOLTON