“Scruffy on the outside, pleasantly surprised w/ inside”
Review of Executive Inn

Executive Inn
and 1 more site!
Executive Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Reviewed 29 July 2011

From the outside appearance our family of 4 wasn't sure about this hotel. Just needing a bed and shower we weren't expecting much for the price we paid. But we were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, beds were very comfy, bedding was clean, ac was cold, water was hot. Two king beds, a tv, a re-fridge, clean towel; was just what we needed. And the people in the offer were wonderful and very helpful. For those expecting a lot out of their stay you might be disappointed. But for a family on a budget needing a safe and clean place to rest up for the next leg of your adventure, this motel would be highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank knightdragon89

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Very friendly and accomodating managers. Very comfortable bed. Rooms large. Showers have great shower head and water pressure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank darlamom
Reviewed 9 May 2011

We got this room as a secret hotel on an online site. It is horrible! The room smells, the sheets do not appear to be clean and the bathroom is filthy! They appear to also rent by the hour or month. Needless to say, we aren't staying!

• Stayed: May 2011
5  Thank LepLover
apurvakhandhar, Manager at Executive Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

I apologise for the inconvinient that you faced. We will work on the things that you pointed. In fact, we are remodelling our restrooms and bathrooms. Most of them are already done but the picture you posted is one of the older one. The tiles are old so you can see white stains but very soon it will be replaced. You will not have any of the complain when you come and stay with us next time. We believe in value for your stay. Thanks for criticising which help us to enhance our room quality and level of service. Hope you will give us next chance.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

After reading the reviews, I expected an older, but clean motel. The room had a very strong smell of smoke. It had permeated the drapes and bed covers. The sheets and blankets, while apparently clean, were stained and had burn holes. My main complaint is that the room had not been properly cleaned. The nightstand had sticky drink rings on top, all the drawers were dirty inside and the floor of the shower stall could of used a cleaning. One thing that was consistent with other reviews was that the owner was very nice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I purchased the biggest room option, the "Family Room" with 2 king beds and a sofa, for $47 with a last-minute online special. The room was worth JUST about that - maybe a little less.

Pros:
1. Indeed it was a large room. Lots of wasted space, but plenty of walk-around room and plenty of open floor space for suitcases, etc.
2. Reasonable price. I haven't gotten a motel room for under $50 in quite a while - so paying around $47 was a pleasant surprise, although I did suspect that a low-cost $47 room would get me about $47 worth of room, and I was about right.
3. Room was clean and had no malicious odors, which is good for ANY motel, not just small ones like this.
4. Owners/Managers were very friendly and responsive - when I had an issue, they sent maintenance over within minutes to resolve it, however temporary the resolution appeared to be. Loved that.
5. The heater worked well - and the night I was there, the following morning temps were in the teens Fahrenheit, so a well-functioning heater was a good thing.

Cons:
1. Whew, the room was in bad shape structurally. The chain security lock was attached to the side of the door frame by 4 little screws, and these came out of the wall attached to a piece of moulding when I pulled on it a little bit. I called management and they sent a maintenance man to nail it back into the wall very quickly, But secure? One good kick from a "room invader" and they would be inside easily.
The ceilings in some places DID NOT CONNECT to the walls - unbelievable, yes, but true. In some places, there was a half inch to inch sized gap between the top of the wall and the connecting ceiling. WEIRD.
The room door needed to be weatherized in the WORST way - I was there in cold weather and the wind was blowing into the room inside the door sills on all three sides and also under the door. I placed a towel under the door to stop the storm, but around the edges of the door I could do nothing.
2. My biggest problem with the room - the HOT WATER PRESSURE was about nil. It was literally barely a trickle. To get the shower usable in the cold weather, you had to turn it all the way hot (which made the water too hot and was barely much more than a light sprinkle) then turn it SLIGHTLY toward Cold to get it to the right shower temp. But turning it far enough to have acceptable pressure meant it was TOO COLD. Very annoying. To run a bath would have taken an hour, and by then the water would have cooled too much to take a HOT bath. Very unacceptable.

All in all, this could be a very nice low-cost and recommended motel with a little bit of maintenance. Weatherstrip the door, address the security issue and the walls not meeting the ceilings (very odd even typing that) and get the low hot water pressure problem solved.

Until that's fixed though, only 2 stars for this place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Hotel is a good value although it needs some re-modeling, but the service was so great, and I would go there any time. Manager checked on me personally. I was on a long road trip, and it made things easier for me. -Johan

Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed in one of the really big family room and it was so comfortable and clean that you can't beat it. The front desk staff is excellent and very much "guest friendly". I have been travelling since last 20 years all over USA and I feel this is one of the best motel I stayed because they are treating us as "guest" not as "customer". This will be my stop for ever whenever I will travel from that route.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple