“Great overall”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Deming
Arizona
“Great overall”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Great phone service, great reception from staff upon entry, good price, and decent room. Room was well maintained and clean. Also, attached restaurant had decent food at good prices. A good stopping place and nice overall property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deanne A
Arsen K, Owner at Grand Motor Inn, Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 June 2015
Thank you very much for your review on The Grand Motor Inn, Hotel & Restaurant. We are here to provide all our guests with great accommodations and a restaurant that serves fresh meals. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I don't know where the other reviewers were staying but they certainly had a better room. First problem is that the carpet was extremely worn and soiled. The chairs both had large and multiple stains. The curtains had burn holes that looked like cigarette burns. The bathroom looked to have been more recently remodeled but there were stains on the white wall next to the toilet that were more than likely urine. Gross! The free internet and TV were nice. Ask to see the room and inspect carefully before checking in. The price is great if you can get a clean room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank S H
grandhoteldeming, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Motor Inn, Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. We do our best to keep our rooms spotless. We will take this room out of order and fix it. We are happy that you enjoyed the FREE high-speed internet and Cable TV, looking forward to see you soon.
WARREN
Reviewed 7 March 2014

As traveler for work I stay in motels/hotels all across the country. That said, I really think this is one of the best places to stay for the rates. There are certainly fancier places but not for the money! The Manager and staff here are wonderfully attentive to your needs! The rooms are roomy and comfortable and especially VERY clean!! There is a bar and restaurant located in the hotel so you can eat and drink and not have to drive!( a plus for me). The weekly rate is great and they service your room daily unlike the other places that offer low rates but only service the rooms once a week. They have flat screens along with mini fridge and microwaves as well. I would have given this 5 stars and the reason I didn't is because I reserve that for upscale resort hotels that deserve that mark. This place i would recommend to my mother and she is a neat freak! I got here in February and the outside pool was sparkling and ready for swimming even though it was too cold to do so. No disappointments here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Marcus A
San Diego, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Sorry guys, I know I was supposed to submit this some time ago but I do thank you.

First off, this place is sooooo reasonably priced and clean, it's unreal. I drove cross country from San Diego to Miami and had not had a more pleasant stay. The Brothers that own this (not the typical Armenian) were so kind and caring that I can not write every act of kindness within the amount I am allotted. It was so exceptional that I too suggested my husband to stay during his haul across the states. This is a well rounded place that is quiet with a cute dive bar and breakfast area. If you are in need of accommodations in this area and choose some place else, I pray for you. Take this from a Hospitality professional that manages small and large properties.

In Hopes travelers take this post seriously.

Thanks again guys.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank BrandyFLA
Skagway
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Being in the hospitality business myself in a remote area, I can honestly admit that the great find at the Grand Motor Inn in Deming was a jewel in the desert. This family owned and operated business is run the way things used to be, true pride in the hospitality they offer. We will return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Aklady1
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been staying here whenever I am in Deming since 2008. I have always enjoyed my stays and the recent renovations have only added to the great visits. Three things that make this property stand out for me are the owners who are right there to see that your stay exceeds your expectations, the attached restaurant, and the affordable price. From the time you first enter the ornate looking lobby, you are made to feel welcome. This family owned and run operation does their best to make your stay enjoyable. On my last stay, one of the owners personally got me the room I requested even though the computer showed it was not available due to a late checkout, helped me bring in my luggage, and when I asked where the vending machine was he returned with a bucket of ice and a complimentary soft drink.

Having a restaurant on premises is a big plus to me. You have the option of buying a voucher for breakfast and selecting from a list of options or just ordering off the menu and paying the stated menu price. I chose the voucher option and was happy. A number of options were offered, the portions were generous and the eggs were prepared just as I requested.

I have never had any problems staying here and feel the price is very reasonable.

In warmer weather, I have more than once extended my stay so I could enjoy the outdoor pool. It is behind the main building away from the highway and directly in front of the building furthest from the highway (those rooms have private entrances and overlook the pool).

I would highly recommend this motel and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are quieter as there is a railroad track that runs through Deming and the...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Joan W
Butternut
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We found this hotel through TripAdvisor and because of the high recommendations, we decided to try it out.

This was our final nite on a cross country road trip. We were getting tired of the same old lodging and dining choices as we closed out each day's drive. The Grand Motor Inn is a relief from that monotony. Very nicely renovated, we found our curiosity piqued when we entered the spacious and classy lobby. Checking in was a breeze, the staff is friendly and once we were in our room, management called to make sure everything was to our liking. The rooms are spacious, with plenty of lighting so it wasn't depressing and dark like so many other hotels we have stayed in. There is a breakfast special for $4.99. Paying for two breakfasts plus the room rate, this hotel is still very competitive with those which offer the free breakfast bar, and the breakfast is much better.

At checkout, the manager explained that the hotel is family owned and they find that to compete effectively with the chains, they have to go a step or two beyond what the chains offer. They depend on word of mouth and evaluation sites like tripadvisor for their success. Based on our experience there, Grand Motor Inn is a place we highly recommend.

Room Tip: Call the hotel to make your reservation. Most of the rooms are recently renovated, but perhaps not...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple