“Good food, beautiful courtyard”

Orlando's New Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in El Prado
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We ate at Orlando's twice during our stay in Taos. The shrimp stacked enchiladas were a hit. Also the shredded beef in any dish was delicious. We ate inside once. It was an unusually warm evening and I feared it would be too hot inside but we were all comfortable. Eating outside on the courtyard was a treat on a beautiful cool, evening. The chips and salsa aren't the best I've ever had, but good and we tried the famed avocado pie. My daughter loved it but the rest of our group thought it was a bit like a key lime pie gone slightly off, but it was worth trying something different. We thought the food was a bit pricey compared with what we're used to paying for similar fare but not overpriced enough to keep us away. All in all good food, good atmosphere. If we're in Taos again we'll go back.

There are newer reviews for Orlando's New Mexican Cafe

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Word of mouth from locals and good reviews on Trip Advisor encouraged us to try Orlando's on our recent visit to Taos, NM. We enjoyed each and every bite. My husband raved about the blue corn shrimp enchiladas and my blue corn cheese enchiladas were wonderful. We both had the green chile topping and oh boy, it was tasty. If you enjoy chips and salsa with your Mexican food, don't forget to try Orlando's. I thought they were extra good. It is a fairly small place but does offer a nice area for patio dining. We will return.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I ate at Orlando's New Mexican Cafe today. Good clean food with great flavor. I had the soft tacos with chicken. The salsa had a little bite but was very tasty. My husband is a connoisseur of cheese enchiladas and he gave his dinner two thumbs up.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We discovered Orlando's the second night we were in Taos and wished we had found it the first night. It was a beautiful evening so we asked to be seated on the outside patio. The tables were not crowded too close together and the appropriate background music was just loud enough to be heard but did not drown out our conversation. The staff was quick and friendly. The menu has all the favorites and some more creative items. We enjoyed a pork tamale and chili relleno. Both were served with pinto beans and pasole. It was all delicious. We are looking forward to another trip to Taos and will certainly make Orlando's our choice for dinner.

1  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had our first meal in New Mexico here and enjoyed it very much--I had some very tasty blue corn enchiladas with shredded beef and red chile sauce, which was spicy but not overwhelming. I liked the posole quite a bit as well. Our server was friendly thought not 100% attentive, and the atmosphere was a lot of fun. I think I would eat here regularly if I lived in Taos.