“Best Kept Secret”

and 1 more site!
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Living in New Mexico, the hotels I stay at always have a casino. This by far is the cleanest, friendliest hotel I've stayed at in New Mexico! I usually get my rooms complimentary but even having to pay it really didn't matter, I enjoyed my stay and would recomend this hotel. I will definitely will stay there again!

Room Tip: When I booked I asked for a quiet room, they said room 220 would be. They were right!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank itsjustmesandra
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Itjustmesandra

Thank you for your "short & sweet" review! I am happy that you took the time to write this review. We strive to be able to provide the experience of you life through Service and Quality and I so happy to read that we did that with you! Thank you Again for your loyalty!

There are newer reviews for Santa Claran Hotel Casino

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We often stay here when traveling to Santa Fe/Taos for both business and pleasure. Always have a room that is spotless, beautifully decorated, Starbucks in the lobby, a decent on-site restaurant, golf, pool, casino attached, and the excellent staff, are just the start. Even when Expedia messed up our reservation, the desk clerk instantly took care of it on a busy August 1st weekend. Its on the main route from SF to Taos (about 1/2 way between), so it is convenient without the SF prices to the mountain routes to Chimayo, Angel Fire, etc. We can't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room but those on the back side have mountain views and no road noise when you are o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GAAdams

Dear GAAdams

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I can't thank you enough for all the words. We take a lot of price on the quality of our facilities and the level of service we provide. I am glad to learn That we have been able to provide a consistent experience to you and your family. Please reach out when you are back because I would love to meet you in person. People like you help to better us.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had to find lodging in the wee hours of the morning due to problems with snakes in the previous hotel. Finding a place to stay with three dogs was going to be difficult. I called and Patrick assured me he had us a room. We arrived weary and ready for some sleep. He got us checked into a very nice double queen room. The next morning when we were walking the dogs, he was on his way home and inquired about our short night...did we rest well, etc. We were impressed with everyone who we came in contact with at the hotel. From the front desk, outside security, BWB sports bar, Starbucks and housekeeping. We stayed four nights and would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to any of our friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Barbara B

Thank you for your review! I am so happy to hear that Patrick was able to accomodate you and that you decided to extend your stay with us for 4 nights. We take a lot of pride in the level of service we provide but Knowing that Patrick did what he did make me feel prouder of my team. Thank you for taking the time to review us. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

As a traveling RN I see a lot of hotels and staff. Amy who arranged my long stay was professional and always around whenever needed with a smile on her face. Will, Amber, Carol everyone at the front desk were extremely helpful. Suggested places I might like to see while in the area. Excellent with my 7lb dog! But the most amazing thing for me was the cleanliness of the room. As an RN I am very aware of such thing as the cleanliness of the room and bathrooms. They were so clean even the air filter vents were clean like new. Amazing. Thanks because the scenery maybe beautiful but there is only junk food and the town is like a third world country no internet, no gps, and no cell phone except Verizon. REALLY. Would return to the hotel any day but not that town.

Room Tip: If you have to be in Espanola do not go anywhere else than Santa Clarion. Shower is magnificent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FrancineEllyn1978

Dear FrancineEllyn1978

Thank you for taking the time to reviewed our hotel. I am super happy to learn that you had a wonderful time but most important, My team was able to achieve our #1 goal that is to creat a long lasting good impression. We just finish the improvement of the Wi-FI throughout the building and we are in the process of finishing our pool. Please reach out when you are visiting next so I can meet you in person! Thank you again for the time in writing the review!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the third year in a row that my husband and I have stayed at the Santa Claran at some point during the summer -- and once again, we had a nice experience. We like this hotel because it's centrally located for many Northern New Mexico attractions, and you get a modern, fairly large room for a fraction of what you'd pay for something similar in Taos or Santa Fe. I especially like the bathrooms, which feature big walk-in showers and an ample vanity for two people. Our queen sized bed was quite comfy and the rooms are *quiet*, even when the hotel completely booked, as it was during our last stay. Don't be scared off by the neighborhood -- when you walk into the hotel lobby you'll note that they've done a great job with this property -- from the cheery fireplace crackling in the lobby to the lovely locally influenced decor. Also, the front desk staff has always been both friendly and competent. In the morning, do check out the restaurant located off of the hotel's casino -- they cook up a great breakfast, and I highly recommend the blue corn pancakes.

4  Thank 505JD
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Ms. 505JD

Thank you for your review. You do not have an idea of how happy your review made me. I am so happy that you were able to enjoy the facilities and the food while you where here. In fact we were 100% sold out due to the Summer Fiesta and the fact that you have a wonderful experience is exactly what we are striving for.

Please let us know when are you planning to come back since It would be my pleasure to meet you in person! Best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a little boutique of a hotel with stunning views of the mountains. The staff are superb and the price is right. There was a faint smell of smoke in the bathroom that had to be coming in through the vents but it was no big deal. The room was spotless and quiet and you can depend on a good night's sleep...unusual for a casino/hotel. They have a cafe that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner which is quite good. Again, the staff are superb and the price is righteous. We would certainly stay there again.

As for the gambling, there just weren't enough machines to justify staying more than one day. However, the table games were pleasant and (a theme here) the staff were superb. Quite a contrast to a very large casino several miles south of Espanola.

3  Thank itkah
Juan Carlos U, General Manager at Santa Claran Hotel Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Itkah

Thank you for your recent review of my Hotel. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time while in Española with us. We take a lot of pride in the level of service and quality of our facilities, but being recognized by our guest is the best gift you can give to us.

So, thank you again, we are blessed by having guest like you! See you in the near future!

At your service,

JCU

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel is fairly new and well decorated but it falls short in a number of ways. First, there is no wi-fi in the rooms, which is totally unacceptable. Our room also had no amenities guide so we had to wander around to see there is no pool, yet the hotel charges a "resort fee." There is a small work-out room in the hotel, but nothing else to justify "resort" status. The room was spacious but the only mirrors were in the bathroom and the bed was lumpy.

The casino was smoke-filled and we passed on the opportunity to eat in the burger restaurant when we saw ash trays everywhere. The hotel itself is supposed to be smoke free but we smelled smoke (and not just tobacco smoke) walking down the hallway several times.

Compared to other options in Espanola (and we checked them all out), this place is definitely the best, but evaluated on a wider scale it is mediocre and we were disappointed.

2  Thank Jim B

Dear Jim B.

I am so sorry you felt that way during your stay with us. On the bright side I have to say that you were on point with your observations. The Directory of our services is in the latest stages to go in to the rooms. We hope that by the end of the year that "opportunity" gets done. Regarding the Wi-Fi and Pool I have very good news to share. Thanks to our loyal and repeat guests, We are improving our current Wi-Fi service and extending the service through out the entire building. Also the Pool will be build in the next few months. I hope you are as happy as we are.

If you need help booking your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder
The Lodge at Santa Fe
#35 of 60 in Santa Fe
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Alamos
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park

Been to Santa Claran Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!