“Good, inexpensive room for the night”
Review of Motel 6 Espanola

Motel 6 Espanola
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
New York
“Good, inexpensive room for the night”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I thought this motel was fine, actually better than I had expected from a Motel 6. To get a clean, modern room with a comfortable bed and a good shower for this price is a find. It doesn't offer a breakfast. It's located on a highway section just outside town of motels and fast food chains. There is plenty of shopping nearby, supermarket, WalMart etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 11 February 2013

There is a reason the rooms are only $40. The hotel is outdated and certainly not the cleanest hotel I have been in. The rooms have older tvs and bed covers, everything in the rooms is old. They do have fridges in the rooms, but only 1 microwave in the downstairs break room. Small parking lot and unfriendly service do not help this hotel either.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 July 2012

One of the staff was really helpful. I have back problems and the pillows in my room where huge rocks. I went to the front desk and the cleaning lady mentioned there was a pillow that fit my likings upstairs. She went out of her way to get it. But the bed was a lost cause it was like sleeping on the floor it was REALLY HARD. The room was clean nothing really jumped out at me as being dirty. The decorations, bedding and floor where run down. It could use a remodel job. But i cant complain to much for the price. It was cheep and the location was not out of my way, and i felt safe. It had wi-fi so i was able to go on twitter and facebook which was nice.

Room Tip: They have no smoking rooms. I asked and the staff member just said smoke in the room. I was afraid t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Motel 6 because it was along our route to an interview for my husband. My husband left the hotel shortly after six in the morning to get to his interview on time, and I stayed behind with my grand daughter. I talked with a young gentleman at the front desk, requesting a later check out time at noon (only one hour after the posted check out time). We were not sure if my husband would make it back before the check out time, and he would also need a place to change his clothing. The young man said that he would let housekeeping know. My husband returned from his interview at 11:15. Being polite, I went to the front desk to thank them for the later check out time, and to let them know we would be leaving shortly. The front desk clerk became angry, saying that I had not asked HIM for a late checkout, that the room was already reserved for someone else, that HIS maids needed to get in that room to clean it, and that I had 15 minutes to leave. After a few minutes, this clerk called the room and told us to leave HIS room because HIS maids needed to go in there. When we were leaving, we noticed that the maids were working on other rooms, not just standing by waiting on us. When my husband asked for the clerks name, he became irate stating "check out time is at 11!" I use to be a general manager for a hotel. Accomodating a guest with one extra hour is not unreasonable. My husband ended up having to change his clothes at the nearest gas station. This is poor customer service in its highest form!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank marissakit
truckee, california, USA
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This Motel 6 removed the Motel 6 chain from our future lodging list.
We had reserved a room for one night. The front desk clerk was polite, but it took her about 1/2 hour to identify which room we'd be in - apparently the on-line reservation system had overbooked.
The lobby was clean and quiet. When we received our room key we went out to get our luggage and saw a police car patrolling the lot. When we went upstairs to our room we passed several open doors, various people partying across rooms and yelling, guys wearing knives on their belts. That plus the police presence was a concern. There was an exit door next to our room (at the end of the hall), but a sign said not to use it; no safety exit there.
Our room had an odd pungent chemical-ish smell. I would have opened the window but (a) there was no screen, and (b) it was noisy outside, too. It looked like the door jamb had been broken and patched, and the ceiling light in the bathroom looked like it had caught on fire. The room looked worn and wasn't very clean.
We got ready for bed, despite the noise and general rowdiness. Then my husband said he wasn't going to sleep there because of the smell. I agreed. We re-packed and checked out. The front desk clerk said she would see if she could get us a partial refund (we were there less than an hour) - but she wasn't able to accomplish that. Negative comments on a Motel 6 survey generated an apparent form letter from the manager saying they strive to do their best.
We used to think of Motel 6 as a reliably clean, decent, inexpensive motel chain, but this was our second negative experience in 18 months. (The first one also involved a smelly room, but at least it felt safe.)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lkgeo
Houston, Tx
Reviewed 26 August 2009

On the spur of the moment, we stopped here because we'd changed plans and didn't have a reservation anywhere. For a $99 room, I thought they could have provided better conditions. The room smelled almost smoky, not fresh. The sink didn't have a stopper, which made cleaning contacts a little chancy. There were no Kleenexes in the built-in container and the person behind the desk couldn't provide any. There was no shampoo provided, no bedside clock, the commode ran continuously till my husband fixed it, and the door to the hallway fitted so poorly that we could see air through it. Every noise in the hall was magnified. The refrigerator was sitting on a round talble and was propped against the wall for balance. The electrical cord that it was plugged into was frayed and the cover for the outlet was broken. On top of that, the local wifi was terribly slow. When my husband complained the next morning, the person behind the desk wouldn't give the name and address of the manager.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank June21Houston
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Theres nothing great here, but considering what you pay, the deal is great.

You're basic but clean room, friendly staff. I was in a fancier place originally, but it was depressing and the service aweful. So I came here.

It is convenient to Los Alamos and Santa Fe by car. The Sonic is next door for cheap food.

Like best -- price
Like least -- close to street

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank williamthekid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#29 of 60 in Santa Fe
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
#10 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Motel 6 Espanola? Share your experiences!