“Good value for a night”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
El Paso, Texas
“Good value for a night”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night as planned. Hallway carpets were a little dirty, leaky ice chests maybe? Needed towels and toilet paper which front desk took care of right away. Room was clean overall and the beds were actually quite comfortable. A/c cycled, didnt have a constant mode but was ok. Hotel was next to a sonic drive thru but was pretty quiet. Pleasantly surprised for being a motel 6, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ricklo777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

If you are thinking of staying here, do yourself a favor. Throw all the pillows in the bathtub and sleep there. You'll be more comfortable. I'm actually a fan of Motel 6. I stay at them frequently while traveling. I don't expect much from them, just a cheap, clean room with a decent bed and shower. These motels are usually a safe bet. But this is the worst one I've ever seen. From the small rough parking lot that almost ripped the bottom off my car when I pulled in, to the nasty, disgusting carpet leading to a what appeared to be an acceptable room at first. The carpet could have been swept better but wasn't terrible. Then I found a used towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I lied on the bed and could feel the springs poking me in the ribs, giving me a premonition of a wrenched back in the morning. It was too late and I was too tired to leave, or I would have. As I was drifting off I noticed disgusting water damage in the ceiling over the window. This one is cheap, but it is not a value at all! It's pretty gross :/

• Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 May 2014

After visiting just about every accommodation in Espanola, we stayed at the Motel 6 for one reason: The promise of working Wi-Fi in the room. In the end, we probably should have kept driving onto the next town. We stayed in a non-smoking room, but the interior hallway of the motel reeked of fresh cigarette smoke, constantly. The door to our room did not close very well (we could see light coming through on all four edges of the door!) but we did our best with towels and clothes to keep the smoke from coming in. Inside, the room was bad for even Motel 6's low standards. There was about 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper in the room, the bed was lumpy and uncomfortable, the pillows were about an inch thicker than airplane pillows, the bedding was nasty with burn holes in the bedspread, and the door would not deadbolt. Oh, and the Wi-Fi was very unreliable, dropping out constantly.

The only good thing I can say about this Motel 6 is that it's right next to a Sonic and they had half-price shakes at night!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I thought this motel was fine, actually better than I had expected from a Motel 6. To get a clean, modern room with a comfortable bed and a good shower for this price is a find. It doesn't offer a breakfast. It's located on a highway section just outside town of motels and fast food chains. There is plenty of shopping nearby, supermarket, WalMart etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 11 February 2013

There is a reason the rooms are only $40. The hotel is outdated and certainly not the cleanest hotel I have been in. The rooms have older tvs and bed covers, everything in the rooms is old. They do have fridges in the rooms, but only 1 microwave in the downstairs break room. Small parking lot and unfriendly service do not help this hotel either.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 11 July 2012

One of the staff was really helpful. I have back problems and the pillows in my room where huge rocks. I went to the front desk and the cleaning lady mentioned there was a pillow that fit my likings upstairs. She went out of her way to get it. But the bed was a lost cause it was like sleeping on the floor it was REALLY HARD. The room was clean nothing really jumped out at me as being dirty. The decorations, bedding and floor where run down. It could use a remodel job. But i cant complain to much for the price. It was cheep and the location was not out of my way, and i felt safe. It had wi-fi so i was able to go on twitter and facebook which was nice.

Room Tip: They have no smoking rooms. I asked and the staff member just said smoke in the room. I was afraid t...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Motel 6 because it was along our route to an interview for my husband. My husband left the hotel shortly after six in the morning to get to his interview on time, and I stayed behind with my grand daughter. I talked with a young gentleman at the front desk, requesting a later check out time at noon (only one hour after the posted check out time). We were not sure if my husband would make it back before the check out time, and he would also need a place to change his clothing. The young man said that he would let housekeeping know. My husband returned from his interview at 11:15. Being polite, I went to the front desk to thank them for the later check out time, and to let them know we would be leaving shortly. The front desk clerk became angry, saying that I had not asked HIM for a late checkout, that the room was already reserved for someone else, that HIS maids needed to get in that room to clean it, and that I had 15 minutes to leave. After a few minutes, this clerk called the room and told us to leave HIS room because HIS maids needed to go in there. When we were leaving, we noticed that the maids were working on other rooms, not just standing by waiting on us. When my husband asked for the clerks name, he became irate stating "check out time is at 11!" I use to be a general manager for a hotel. Accomodating a guest with one extra hour is not unreasonable. My husband ended up having to change his clothes at the nearest gas station. This is poor customer service in its highest form!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank marissakit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#7 of 60 in Santa Fe
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Alamos
Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos

Been to Motel 6 Espanola? Share your experiences!