“the review underneath mine is pretty much my experience.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Espanola
somwhere in the southwest
“the review underneath mine is pretty much my experience.”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

it seems like it needs a bit of work, thats for sure. i was unaware the reason for the pool closure, but that makes sense, as for the neighborhood,, and auto security, thats SOP for anywhere in rio arriba county, and especially espy., (its actually advisable to leave ones car unlcoked to avoid broken windows in that area)< i got a decent rate via choice privileges, but i got initially hit up for a $25 deposit, but it was waived due to my 'age', is myunderstanding-its not noted on the choice website, so, i presume its decided on whether or not a cash guest is under 25YO.(i reserved with a CC), but prefer to pay cash.with that said, i am of the mind that the pool closure should be noted on choices site, as well.the breakfast had many proteins, (pre-prepared egg flats, and sausage, howver, the chafing dish didnt seem able to keep things heated very well-from what i could gather the manager was out of town for soem reason, and the staff was dloing the best they could with her via telephone, the young ladies were, very helpful, my room had some techncial issues, -that they noted before i did, and moved me to a slightlhy nicer one), with that said. the chincese restaurant next door, is one of the better, more cleaner buffets in the state. and priced within bounds of reason.i probably would have given a slightly better review, had the pool been in working order.

Room Tip: go on choice privileges site directly and make sure you dont pay over $50 with tax.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank legendaryrob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed two nights.

PROS: clean, no bugs, breakfast, great showers, Internet works, nice staff, comfy beds, great price, close to food and small grocery, quiet
CONS: a little beat up, pool was closed by health department, no microwave, neighborhood is iffy take stuff out of your cars

Room Tip: Chinese buffet 50 feet away. Was OK for $10. Standard chinese food, quality was OK. Didn't get s...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Just passing through on our way to sante fe. Did what we needed it to do, beds and 4 walls, but dont expect more than that! The front desk was nice enough to charge us the two people price for three which we really appreciated!

• Stayed March 2013
new mexico
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My husband I needed a place to stay to shorten our drive to a hiking spot near Abiquiu, so Espanola met our needs. There's not many motels to chose from and I did read reviews before staying at the Comfort Inn. Our experience was more positive than some. Our king room needed new paint badly but the furniture was fine, the carpet looked new, we had a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, the bathroom fixtures looked "newer" and the sink was in the main room which we like. Everything was clean. However, we were only given one washcloth and were told that there was a shortage and that's all anyone got. We did not use the pool. Breakfast was more than we expected with those microwave omelets that have gotten popular, waffles, cereal, muffins, bagels etc.
Service was so-so. We certainly weren't greeted with open arms, but neither were we made to feel like an inconvenience.
The property is set back off the main road so we didn't hear any traffic. The surroundings are a bit dowdy, and the exterior needs paint and some TLC. It was annoying having to walk through the smokers congregating at the entrance.
So, with limited choices and a price of $50 for a king room, we were satisfied.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mwcw
Elbert, Colorado
Reviewed 20 August 2012

You are greated in the parking lot by signs stating that they are not responsible for breakins or damage to your car. A quick look at the "bombed out" surroundings makes you want to go elsewhere if you had an immediate choice. We had reserved a non-smoking room. The burned out desk clerk gave us a smoking room. When I came back down and showed her my reservation, she tried to insist that I would just have to stay in the smoking room until the next day. After I insisted that she either had to honor the original reservation, or refund my money, she somehow "managed" to find a non-smoking room. I thanked her and upon entering that room we had to deal with the distinctive scent of moth balls, and a toilet that would never quite quit running. When you walk out the front door, you have to walk through a cloud of smokers, as that seems to be the only area they have where the employees or customers can puff away. I would advise anyone to look elsewhere, and you can be certain that we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ken C

Travellers are raving about these Espanola hotels

Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed 15 August 2012

My stay was terrible. They had teenagers working at the desk. I never once saw a manager. My internet went out and the front desk did not offer any solutions. The location and building looks like a run down bar in the ghetto. The rooms are the same. Cigarette burns and holes in the bed spread. At night they lock the front door and you have to ring a bell for them to let you in. The card reader was broken on the back door so you had to walk all the way around to the front. I told them I was a choice privaleges member and that I needed a late check out. I had to talk to three different people before I could get a late check out approved. Never go to this place. And mind you this is a franchise Comfort Inn hotel by Choice Hotels. Choice Hotels needs to look at this immediately. A motel 6 would have been better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen W
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I debated about the rating between average and very good. Since it had all the elements we were looking for - good location, good price, clean rooms, and ample parking for a trailer, I went with a "very good" rating. The service was actually pretty good - the front desk staff was attentive and efficient and was eager to recommend restaurants and motorcycle roads suggestions. The hot breakfast was included and was pretty decent. The hotel is fairly old but kept up pretty well. We did not use the pool, although it was also fairly decent. It was quiet and we ended up staying 2 nights because of its centralized location for the sights we wanted to see.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Cities of Gold Casino Hotel
#10 of 60 in Santa Fe
Santa Fe Sage Inn
Santa Fe Sage Inn
#29 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!