“St. Clair savoir faire”

Ranked #2 of 130 Restaurants in Farmington
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: St Clair Winery & Bistro brings French country cuisine and award winning New Mexico wines to a comfortable bistro setting. Outdoor patios are also available, making your dining experience one-of-a-kind. Enjoy a glass of refreshing wine while you listen to live music Friday evenings. We Cater! Large Party Options: Pickup, Delivery, On-Site Catering, and Off-site Catering available.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

St. Clair's restaurant is a great place to dine; enjoy good food and good company. Excellent cuisine, excellent service. Really enjoy having a meal there with good friends.

They have local musicians, which can be a real asset to atmosphere with the right music, sound levels and balance. The ONLY reason did not give Excellent rating is because the music takes away from the ambience and makes it difficult to hear a normal conversation.

Enjoy the food, enjoy the environment; just avoid the evenings with musicians unless that is why you are going. Blessings.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were staying across the street from the St. Clair Winery, so I thought I'd stroll over and pick up our dinner. While waiting for our order, I enjoyed tasting several wines and talking with the staff. I was impressed with the flavor and variety of wines, the knowledge of the staff, and the large selection with good prices. Our carry-out food was excellent. I had the green chili mac & cheese (lasagna-style cut), and my husband had the Chicken Pescado. We both thought the food was very flavorful and tasty, along with some Tempranillo from Durango. We did have to heat up our food, but only because I talked too much with the staff after the food came out, and then I walked back to the room. No big deal for us (we had a kitchen and my husband knew I would take my time...). We hope to return in the future and a "must stop" for wine lovers.

1  Thank NMLovers
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I've been here twice this week, once for mothers day and once for my nieces birthday, both times have been FAR from satisfactory. The kitchen has been extremely slow both times and on mothers day the service was terrible. They brought me the wrong food on mothers day and I was told that if I wanted to get what I ordered it was going to take a long time because the kitchen was backed up. On my nieces birthday the service was very good but again the food took forever and was just mediocre. We ordered dessert both times as well, on mothers day it was really good but yesterday the port brownie was cold and hard. This use to be a place that I really enjoyed to go for a good meal, not anymore. I wouldn't recommend this place until it makes a huge turnaround, which is sad to say because I really enjoy unique, local places to eat as long as the food and service is up to par.

2  Thank Kris W
StClairBistro, Public Relations Manager at St. Clair Winery & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

We apologize for your negative experience at our restaurant. We strive to make our restaurant a place that our customers love to be at, enjoying exceptional products and services. We'd like to hear more about your visit and any suggestions you may have that may earn your trust. Please email any details to our Retail Division Manager, Rick Sharp, at comments@stclairwinery.com. Thank you in advance for helping us improve.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The menu has several good options and the wine is a good value. We ate here three times during a four day stay in Farmington because it was the best place to eat in the area.

1  Thank ballhawg
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I recently went to St Clair's with some other mom friends for a night out without kids. I really like their wines and enjoyed my Pinot Grigio. I also like the French Onion soup though this time it could've used a bit more seasoning. The Pasta Danielle was good too. A bit of a kick but not so spicy I couldn't eat it. Dessert was their brownie sundae and it was quite good. We had a group of 6 ladies and the service was ok. Our waitress was nice but the wait for the food seemed long. We ended up staying until closing had passed but no one hurried us away.

I will comment that I don't think this is a very kid friendly restaurant. Also, I feel it's slightly overpriced, even for Farmington. I do enjoy going in and stocking up on their wine.

2  Thank Wickedpixie13-nm