“Not as good as the Original in Durango”

Serious Texas Bar-B-Q (Farmington)
Ranked #26 of 132 Restaurants in Farmington
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Just a good Texas style BBQ place...pure and simple! Counter service so everything is prepared as you order it, right in front of you. Everything is cooked and prepared in house daily, keeping it fresh and as good as it gets.
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed after several great meals in Durango's location.

They must be cooking in batches so if you don't get there at normal meal times. It is going to be dried out from sitting too long. The Meyers Elgin sausages are just plain awesome!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Pulled pork best in town. Ribs and brisket have good smoke line. Choice of sauces. Counter service by the pound. Servers sweet and attentive. Lost points for no fries on the menu.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

It is so fast and easy to get your food here ... I always get the Texas Taco, a tortilla, loads of pork, cheesy tots, and jalapeno - hold the onions. Their special sauce in on the table and you can have as much as you like. I can rarely finish my taco it is so big.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is real good BBQ. The pulled pork sandwich is one of the best I've had. Great fall off the bone ribs seasoned to perfection. Sides are all good and the sweet tea is very good. I think about this place when I'm back in Montana, it's so good and every trip I make to Farmington it's one of our first stops. I even bring it back to my motel room and stick it in the fridge 'for later'. This is for anyone that likes real bbq and maybe even those that don't it could change their minds. BBQ is not my husbands favorite food and even he likes it and wants to go there. So that has to mean it's something special. Who cares how you get it, in tubs, in paper, formal, informal just get it. : )
We visited over Thanksgiving and the day after we stopped in, they were closed, I was sooo disappointed. But then I saw it would be open the next day, needless to say we stayed another day just for the BBQ. Now that's good bbq.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Interesting joint. You order at the front, they weight the meat in front of you. Sauce is on the table. The brisket was excellent, had a nice smoke line in it. The pork ribs were excellent, nice smoke line and very meaty. The pulled pork was good. The Sausage was good. The place overall is very clean, but the sides are limited, bagged chips, beans, potato salad and coleslaw. We only tried the coleslaw it was nice but a bit odd, it obviously had a touch of pepper or heat of some sort. Overall very pleasant. It is a meet eaters paradise, no carbs to fill you up just the good stuff.....Dead Red, nicely smoked.