“Sad, tasteless, and dry ribs” 2 of 5 bubbles

Serious Texas Bar-B-Q
Ranked #20 of 126 Restaurants in Farmington
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Sad, tasteless, and dry ribs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Ordered 1/2 rack ribs, they were tough, dry almost unchewable, stringy, and a disappointment after such a high recommendation from family. The cole slaw was different than I'd ever had, sweet and a funky under taste. The BBQ beans were pintos with what tasted like the cheap McCormick kitchen chili powder in it. Nasty tasting stuff, lots of meat but not a hint of onion or anything other than that rank chili taste. The tea was relish. I'll try a sandwich again before writing them off completely.

Visited November 2013

Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Usually perfect but sometimes the pulled pork is a bit dry however add the sauce and it becomes delicious anyway. It is not the best BBQ I have ever tasted but by no means the worst. I'd recommend the Texas Taco and a zuberfizz root beer but my husband is a ribs sort of man. Also don't be surprised this is a low key 'man's hang out' and you get all sorts of cowboys and oil field workers.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“You Want Amazing BBQ? Come Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Disclaimer: I'm not a BBQ expert. But I've had my fair share and I know what tastes good to me.
My first experience here was in the morning. Passing by, my colleague and I noted they had an open sign on and had signs announcing they were open for breakfast. We wondered what a BBQ place could have for breakfast and checked it out.
There is really only one item on the breakfast menu. You get a tortilla, choose your meat (brisket, tenderloin, sausage), and they load it with egg, cheesy potatos, jalapenos, and onions. This item is seriously delicious and is a hearty breakfast; I recommend the brisket.
On the next visit I got essentially a meat sampler tray of tenderloin, brisket, and ribs. All were delicious, and if you can handle some heat, I suggest their spicy BBQ sauce.
A great establishment I'll be going back to.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Over priced small servings”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend know I like bar-b-q so she took me out for my birthday . The food for the most part was good except for the cole slaw . Who ever decided to put chipotle on cole slaw should tied behind a horse and dragged across a Cactus patch . What she spent for 2 sandwiches a small cup of beans and crap for slaw . We could of had a top of the line stake dinner and had change left over . Save you money and pass it by

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“appropriately named.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

They are serious about Bar B Que. Great food and service. Great smoked flavor and fall off the bone tender. Will return when in the area.

Visited July 2013