“Value property”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
ALBUQUERQUE
“Value property”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. I liked the microwave and small fridge. It was a little bit run down; however, the breakfast is really good, more than your typical continental breakfast fare. Overall, it was a good value for the money we paid.

Room Tip: Don't be scared off by the nightclub. We were just down the hall from it, on the other side of...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
new york
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here for one night. The desk clerk was friendly and informative. The room was clean and spacious, the jacuzzi was wonderful, and the complimentary breakfast was more than the standard danish and coffee. Definitely a great value for the money, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We ended up here after visiting Chaco and all the other hotels were full in Farmington. It should have been a warning sign when the desk clerk asked "cash or credit?" The noisy nightclub attached should also have been a clue. But being exhausted we paid cash and walked down a long dim smelly hallway to our room. The room was disgusting, filthy with stained floors, smelled terrible. Next door we could here yelling as if some transactions were taking place. So it was quite scary as well as gross. I gave service three stars because they gave us our money back. To some extent the situation was our fault as we did not make reservations. But this hotel was the worst we've ever seen. Tip: if you find yourself in this position, drive an hour North to Durango, CO where there are plenty of nice hotels. That's what we did.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank 2emptynesters2011

Travellers are raving about these Farmington hotels

london
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We arrived in Farmington early evening and all the other motels were full so were relieved to get a room for the night . When we entered our room the carpet was covered in white bits - thought it odd that no one had bothered to vacuum. Also , the bed cover had been re-arranged. When we tried to use the phone the next day it was completely dead. The maintenance man came over and couldn't get it to work so had to switch it with a phone from another room.

However the breakfast was good and the computers provided in reception worked well and were fast. The staff at reception were very pleasant as well. There was a nice area in the courtyard by the pool with picnic tables.

We felt that the motel was a bit run down. The jacuzzi in the fitness area had no water in it either. We felt that this motel was o.k. for one night if no alternatives were available but would not have liked to spend more than one night here.

Room Tip: We were in a separate building to the left of the bar. Perhaps the glowing reports from others rel...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Mohave Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This was my first time at this hotel and definitely my last. I am a traveler for my work and use hotels often and know it is hard to find pet friendly anymore so when I saw this was pet friendly I was elated. Beware, their wording of pet friendly is weak and vague at best. There is a $50 fee (non refundable) per week for cleaning when you leave. Not a problem, I am willing to pay for my dogs. However, my dogs are quiet, well behaved, crate trained dogs and I always pick up after them outside. Thats a given for being a pet owner. I also make sure I leave the room clear of pet hair and odor, in fact its always cleaner than when I first arrived. I travel with a small carpet shampooer that I use before I leave so these pet friendly hotels stay pet friendly. That being said, after 3 1/2 weeks of being in the hotel, I was paid up through 4 weeks, I got back to the hotel after work to find my key was blocked from entering my room. This is a major no no when my dogs are trapped inside! When I got to the front desk, I was told that they were unaware I had two dogs and I owed them another $200 for the 2nd dog. Funny because they saw me walk my dogs twice a day everyday for the last 3 1/2 weeks, right past the front desk. Their sign or website does not state $50 per pet so I was unaware of this. On top of the extra $200 they now are going to charge me an additional $250 for cleaning!!! What is the $50 a week for?? How can you charge twice for the same thing?? I was told when I checked in that the employee who checked me in was new and didn't know the rules......not my fault you hired an incompetant person or didn't train them well enough. To make matters worse, I was told they did not know my husband was with me and that was an additional $150. Seriously??? Every hotel I ever stayed at base their rates on double occupancy and never charge additionally for a husband or wife. We were together at check in and even given two keys. The owner is by far the worst kind of sheister and very poor businessman. He wouldn't even talk to me and try to work the situation out. And even if you pay for more than a weeks stay, you will have to have your room key re-keyed every week....pain in the butt after a long day at work and have to walk all the way to the front door to get in.

The rooms are old and out dated but housekeeping does what they can to make them clean looking. Not their fault. There is also only one washer and two dryers for the whole hotel.

Most of the staff are friendly at least but I recommend looking elsewhere for a hassle free and money saving stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Angrywolf
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 12 September 2011

A couple of weeks ago we made a trip to farmington. I had done my research and after everything we booked american best value inn. The rooms were clean, everyone from the front desk clerk, the bartender, and the cleaning staff were very sweet and helpful. There is a lounge in the hotel, ( one of coolest places to hang out from what I hear.) The room we stayed in had a kind bed, couch, and a fridge and only for around $60. The other rooms in town were at least $100. Plus, They have breakfast in the morning. Not just cold toast, they have fresh made waffles, toast, bagels, cereal,and other yummy items.Also, there were kids staying in the next room, three children, but we didnt know until we walked out to the pool and saw them. (great thick walls) All in all , very satisfied, will be staying here next visit. :o)

Room Tip: loved the beds, It can be very hard to sleep in a bed other than your own.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Bologna
Reviewed 29 August 2011

Nice accomodation, easy to find and accesible. The room is a bit classic, but in good condition, clean. The breakfast is included (standard avarage breakfast). A good value for money.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple