Brentwood Inn & Garden
US$114
US$111
Comfort Suites(Farmington)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssmelled nicewould stay here againcook your ownstaff was friendlyrooms are largeonly stayed one nightflat screenparking lotfridge and microwavelaundry roomcontinental breakfastthe room was niceconvenient locationnew mexicobeds were comfortableabvimotel
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've stayed a couple of ABVIs and this one is definitely a cut above what you usually see from that chain. Nice room with all amenities one expects and most importantly it's clean. I stayed on the first floor not far from the Lounge and heard nothing from that room. It seems like a new place even though it is not. Very good value. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This motel is located in an area with many other motels. I'd estimate that the building has been there for at least 30 years, maybe many more. It has to be one of the best renovation jobs I've ever seen. The grounds are well maintained; the lobby and hallways are clean and well appointed. The room we had is spotless and beautifully decorated. Carpets and all furniture excellent. Bathroom is right up to date and everything looks like they spared no expense in the renovation. The a/c looks new and really works. Wireless Internet connection quick and simple.

Breakfast room is of adequate size and the food laid out for the customers is at least as good as any motel I've visited in the past year and that's around a dozen.

I have two quite minor complaints and I emphasize minor. 1) We checked in around 1:30pm and would have liked to go into the pool because the temperature was in the 90's but there isn't one spot of shade out there. No doubt it would be fine for late afternoon or early evening swimming. 2) There is a slight squeak from the bathroom door. Door don't squeak during the day but at 2am when sneaking in to tinkle, and with a spouse within 10 feet, it's loud. Lubricating bathroom doors ought to be high on the maintenance list in any hotel/motel.

When we return to Farmington to attend a play at their outdoor theater, we'll be looking for a room at ABVI. This time we were there to see "Fiddler on the Roof".

Room Tip: Nothing further to write about.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Years ago, we stayed at a horrible ABVI in the South and vowed to never, ever again book one anywhere. Well.....this property had pretty good reviews a couple of months ago and was reasonably priced so I made the reservation with - well - reservations. Surprise! This is a very, very nice place with friendly and helpful front desk staff. The location is good and our room was quite large with both a King bed and a sofa sleeper. The TV is an older model, but lots of stations are available. The internet was free and fast. The pool was not open, if that's an issue for you. We were told it's "under repair". We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the off-the-lobby nightclub.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcl491
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We didn't plan on staying in Farmington for more than a couple nights, but we ended up there for two weeks. The prices of nearby motels and hotels were unbelievable, especially considering how sad-looking many of them were. This place was the best value for the money that we could find. The room was ok. Clean enough and comfortable enough to not hate being there. Not spectacular, but what can you expect for about $65 / night? The one thing I loved about this place was their breakfast. When I travel with my husband, I am often left at the room during the day while he is out at a jobsite. Breakfast in the lobby is a real plus. They have a very wide range of food including waffles that you can make yourself. The coffee was consistently good for the whole stay. The Internet was marginal. My work is wherever my laptop happens to be, so I really depend on a solid Internet connection. That part was disappointing. Their laundry was very good, and that's important when you spend as much time traveling as we do. The cost for the machines was reasonable, and the dryer actually dried our clothes on the first cycle. Directly across the street is a restaurant called Tequila's. They make the best margaritas I've ever had, and the Mexican food was ok. Not truly authentic-tasting, but not bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We booked this hotel ahead of time and when we checked in, it looked clean and nice. One problem...there is a "Go-Go Lounge" within the hotel that is open Fri. and Sat. nights. We were kept awake unti 1:00am with loud music and then until 3:30am with drunks in the hall and outside screaming, swearing and slamming doors. Called the front desk twice and they sent security but not much help. When I checked out in the morning, they basically told me there was nothing they could do. Will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel on a Friday or Sat. night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple