“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Oklahoma
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here one night before going on to our final destination. It was nice. We had advised them we would be having a late check in and they were more than willing to take great care of us when we did arrive. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next moring sent us off in style. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
fmnabvi, Guest Relations Manager at Brentwood Inn & Garden, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Good Day, I want to first thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review about my hotel, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I want to invite you to come back when you are in the area so that we may visit. I wish you safe travels.

Best Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn

Dalia Childers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at America's Best Value Inn for three nights in May, 2013 while on vacation to visit family in the area. Granted, this is not the Hilton, but it was not as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe. The room was clean, the linens were clean, the bed was a little soft for my taste but comfortable, and the staff was pleasant. I don't know what people expect for the price paid, but this room was acceptable. I didn't try the complimentary breakfast because there are so many good places to eat in the immediate area. All in all, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, cheap place to sleep at night while away from home.

Room Tip: I had room 136 on the ground floor in the back. Not a lot of noise except for people leaving for wo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Walter92806
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Booked an economical room for a night's sleep. Impressed! We had a quiet night in a queen sized bed, and the room had a full sized fridge, comfy padded chair, reclining computer chair, heater, TV and a radio. Free wifi was also included.
The bed and pillows were comfortable and the free breakfast was delicious and varied.
We were so impressed, we have now joined the hotel's club.

Room Tip: From what we saw, the better rooms would be away from the road. Less noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Overpriced, thin walls, non-smoking areas reeked of cigarettes. Room reeked of air freshner. The only good thing was the check-in clerk was a cute Mormon boy who was easy on the eyes. Good thing, too, since check-on took at least 15 minutes with nobody waiting (and waiting) before me. Too much money for poor value rooms. No-name independents or mid-range chains for my next Farmington stay.

• Stayed August 2012

Travellers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I've stayed a couple of ABVIs and this one is definitely a cut above what you usually see from that chain. Nice room with all amenities one expects and most importantly it's clean. I stayed on the first floor not far from the Lounge and heard nothing from that room. It seems like a new place even though it is not. Very good value. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This motel is located in an area with many other motels. I'd estimate that the building has been there for at least 30 years, maybe many more. It has to be one of the best renovation jobs I've ever seen. The grounds are well maintained; the lobby and hallways are clean and well appointed. The room we had is spotless and beautifully decorated. Carpets and all furniture excellent. Bathroom is right up to date and everything looks like they spared no expense in the renovation. The a/c looks new and really works. Wireless Internet connection quick and simple.

Breakfast room is of adequate size and the food laid out for the customers is at least as good as any motel I've visited in the past year and that's around a dozen.

I have two quite minor complaints and I emphasize minor. 1) We checked in around 1:30pm and would have liked to go into the pool because the temperature was in the 90's but there isn't one spot of shade out there. No doubt it would be fine for late afternoon or early evening swimming. 2) There is a slight squeak from the bathroom door. Door don't squeak during the day but at 2am when sneaking in to tinkle, and with a spouse within 10 feet, it's loud. Lubricating bathroom doors ought to be high on the maintenance list in any hotel/motel.

When we return to Farmington to attend a play at their outdoor theater, we'll be looking for a room at ABVI. This time we were there to see "Fiddler on the Roof".

Room Tip: Nothing further to write about.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim S
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Years ago, we stayed at a horrible ABVI in the South and vowed to never, ever again book one anywhere. Well.....this property had pretty good reviews a couple of months ago and was reasonably priced so I made the reservation with - well - reservations. Surprise! This is a very, very nice place with friendly and helpful front desk staff. The location is good and our room was quite large with both a King bed and a sofa sleeper. The TV is an older model, but lots of stations are available. The internet was free and fast. The pool was not open, if that's an issue for you. We were told it's "under repair". We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the off-the-lobby nightclub.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple