“All good except the filthy carpeting”

Brentwood Inn & Garden
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Farmington
Pitkin, Colorado
“All good except the filthy carpeting”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Beds were ok, rooms seemed pretty clean, but we were completely grossed out by the ugly stained carpeting in the hallways and our room. Granted, we were traveling with our Golden Retriever, so we had to pay $10 extra and they probably put us in their pet room area. However, she always travels with us, we always ask for a pet room, and have never, ever, seen anything like this! Normally you can tell no difference between a non-pet room and a pet room. And many times we are not charged extra. But we've stayed at many Motel 6 and Super 8 locations, and never had to look at disgusting heavily stained gross carpeting! We both wore socks when we stepped out of bed in this place! Yuch!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
fmnabvi, Guest Relations Manager at Brentwood Inn & Garden, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Good Day, I am sorry to read that you had such a terrible stay while you were at my hotel. I have talked to my staff, and I have put a new procedure in place that will assure that the issues you mentioned in your review will be resolved before any of my guests enter any of my rooms or set foot onto my hotel grounds. I want to let you know that I not only value each and every guest review that I read, but I take very seriously and act on them as soon as possible. I hope that this does not deter from returning in the future, and wish you safe travels.

Dalia Childers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We traveled through Farmington NM on our way to Eagle Nest. We stopped at one motel that i won't name, because their sign quoted a low room rate. They said that rate was only good until they were about full. We looked across their parking lot and saw Americas Best Value. We called and they gave us a better rate than the other motel. We ask to see a couple rooms which they quickly did. The rooms were very clean so we took them. The young woman who waited on us was very polite and helpful. The beds were very comfortable, probably the best we slept in all vacation. We stayed at 2 more Americas Best Value motels after Farmington because of Farmingtons ABV motel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 2talltotall
Greeting, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I do my best to see that all of our guests feel as though they were in their own homes. I hope to see your return soon, and wish you safe travels.

Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

the room was nice and had a lot of extras unbeatable for the money, it was a little older but it was very clean and had a patio to sit on, why there was soap shampoo and even a sewing kit great value?

• Stayed July 2013
Good Day, I want to first thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review about my hotel, I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your stay, and I want to invite you to come back when you are in the area so that we may visit. I wish you safe travels.

Houston
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I were on a cross country road trip when we stopped in. Overall this place was great for the price. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the bathroom was well lit.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the lobby have better Internet connection.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Stay here in late May. Pool was not opened, t.v. in room had lines, refrigerator not working correctly, stained carpet in entrance of room. Overall rooms were clean, breakfast was good. Would stay there again if I had too.

• Stayed May 2013
Oklahoma
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here one night before going on to our final destination. It was nice. We had advised them we would be having a late check in and they were more than willing to take great care of us when we did arrive. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast the next moring sent us off in style. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Lake Elsinore, California
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed at America's Best Value Inn for three nights in May, 2013 while on vacation to visit family in the area. Granted, this is not the Hilton, but it was not as bad as some reviews would lead you to believe. The room was clean, the linens were clean, the bed was a little soft for my taste but comfortable, and the staff was pleasant. I don't know what people expect for the price paid, but this room was acceptable. I didn't try the complimentary breakfast because there are so many good places to eat in the immediate area. All in all, I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a clean, cheap place to sleep at night while away from home.

Room Tip: I had room 136 on the ground floor in the back. Not a lot of noise except for people leaving for wo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family