“The Best of Ft. Sumner”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Sumner
Billy the Kid Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fort Sumner B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The Best of Ft. Sumner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was the perfect place to stay while following the trail of Billy the Kid. The proprietor was very friendly and provided plenty of information about Fort Sumner. The motel is close to just about anything you'd care to do--the Billy the Kid Museum is across the street--and, while it is a no-frills kinda place, it has plenty of soul. There is a train that runs behind the motel fairly regularly but, for me, freight trains are more lullaby than disturbance. So, no problem there. A great place to have spent a memorable Thanksgiving dining on Subway sandwiches and corn nuts. Seriously, I've spent many T-givings in much worse ways. Thanks, BTK Country Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank jmhouse73

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We did not actually stay in the Inn but I want to take this opportunity to thank Gary and Elaine for their help and honesty in their dealings with my wife and I whilst we were visiting Fort Sumner as part of our vacation. I would urge anybody visiting this area to consider staying at the Inn for the above reasons. Thanks once again Gary and Elaine.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Michael M
Randers, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Getting away from the searing heat in Roswell, I headed north to Ft Sumner, and found this fantastic motel.
just across the road from a soulless super 8.
Rooms & Service are first rate. I would recommend this to anyone, and would gladly stay there again.
It is a great place to relax and see the historic countryside, Billy the Kid's grave is close by, as is the extermination camp, Bosque Redondo.
Trains ? What trains ?

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Long-Rider53
Fort Sumner, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

After 40,000 + miles touring the USA on a motorcycle, we know our motels. Our first priority is cleanliness - this is 5 *. Wi-Fi is very important to as we are from Europe and need to phone home at odd hours - again, 5 * - internet is fast and secure. Other important considerations are a fridge to keep drinks cold - here we have a fridge, a freezer AND a little cold storage chiller: 5*. A microwave so i can make a cup of tea - being English, I need my tea!. All electrical items are here - the flat screen TV is great.
Finally the price - can't be beaten. So far, we have only met owner Gary and he couldn't have been more helpful - brought us extra, big bath towels - not like the threadbare, skimpy face-clothes we usually get. The motel is close to all we need, so no real need to ride the bike everywhere. The train does not bother us one whit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
15 Thank chrisyfitzuk
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

I found this place after doing a little research on TripAdvisor and loved the previous reviews. I was happy it was right off the main highway as I was passing thru and the folks who own it (Gary and Elaine Gaintner) couldn't have been nicer. Got a huge room with a very nice counter which I really appreciated and used. I normally sleep with earplugs when I travel - just a habit I picked up - so I did not notice any train noise as in another review. The bed was comfy, the room was clean and there was a nice flat screen TV. The rate was a bargain too! This was a great little Inn that provided all my needs - clean, inexpensive, spacious and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. It's more than worth avoiding the gaudy lights of the big name motel across the street. Stay here - you will not regret it.
Thanks to Gary and Elaine!
Claire Rodman
Vancouver, WA, USA

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank ClaireTravels
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

The hotel was clean and the owners were very nice. The freight train went through town every half hour and the crossing was directly behind the hotel. I woke to the train whistle each time it went through all night long. Stay if you are a heavy sleeper and or deaf!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank snafu211
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2010

I stayed at this Inn after reading some good comments about it on the Internet. I met the Inn's owners, Gary and Elaine, who welcomed me warmly to their cozy place. My room was well-equipped with a flat screen TV, micro-fridge, and a long writing desk. The room was also quite spacious and clean. My only regret was the noise caused by trains that frequent passed near the Inn. This noise detracted from my sleep because I am used to sleeping in a quiet bedroom.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
9 Thank Cyclopath43

Been to Billy the Kid Country Inn? Share your experiences!