“Impolite on phone”

Richardsons Trading Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Gallup
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I called the store to ask questions about any discounts and the person who answered was not helpful. He hung up while I was still talking. He sounded hurried and impatient. I had to call back a second time and this person with an accent was not very nice over the phone.

1  Thank jjb60971

Reviewed 31 July 2013

From a giant white buffalo to hand-woven rugs, this shop reflects the native history and customs of the area. Engage their specialists in conversation and you will learn much about native arts, traditions, and craftsmanship. An excellent place to purchase authentic Navajo rugs, complete with personal information about the weavers. If that is above your price point perhaps pottery, jewelry, or western regalia might be your thing. Reliable business practices have made this a place to shop in Gallup for generations. Whether it is the old pawn, or a new piece of native art you are seeking, Richardsons Trading Company is a great place to visit. But, even if you purchase nothing, it is worth a visit just to oogle the treasures here.

1  Thank WhereBenhasbeen
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on TA I was excited to purchase souvenirs from Richardson's. I was disappointed. If your looking for unique, reasonable and variety of souvenirs for family and friends look elsewhere. This place is more of a pawn shop. They do have a wide variety of rugs, saddles, guns and jewelry but that's about it. The best trading post/gift shop I found in Gallup was Ortega's Indian Market 2107 West Highway 66. They have tons of stuff for reasonable prices!

1  Thank Soiled
Reviewed 16 July 2013

If you think a Trading Post is postcards, dreamcatcher keychains, and 44 oz drinks, please stop out on the interstate and don't come to Richardson's, which is the last of a dying breed. Take the time to ask questions and appreciate the beautiful rugs and jewelry and other crafts that are sold there. Your curiosity will be repaid with hospitality, and you'll learn a lot. We will never forget the kindness of the owner, who had us go get our dog out of the car (where we were constantly running to check on him in the heat) and gave him a big bowl of iced spring water. He let our old pup have the run of the place, full of treasures, before we ever spent a dime.

1  Thank LuckyWest
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was given a tip that this was the best place in town to stop. I wish it would have been open. I looked in the windows and looked like a fun place to shop.