“Wish every hotel was like this one!”

Comfort Suites Gallup
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This particular Comfort Suites location in Gallup, NM I stay at 4-6 times per year (the last 3 years). I have had the unfortunate pleasure of having one of my nights not available and had to check out for one day. On a visit to another hotel, I was completely unsatisfied as the level of service is no where near the Comfort Suites. After this most recent stay, I had to stay in Albuquerque before my flight home to Minneapolis. When staying at the Hyatt, the service was good, but still not as good as Gallup's. Each stay I'm greeted, offered assistance, always have an EMACULATELY clean room and Susan who works during the morning breakfast is beyond satisfaction in service. She has on several occasions caught me on my way by the dining area to grab only a cup of coffee because I'm running out the door and don't have time for breakfast. She has stopped me and asked me if I would like something to go. She bags me up a bottle of water, a banana or breakfast bar and a hard boiled egg. I can't say enough about the management and how well organized the hotel is and how clean it always is. I forgot an important sales training folder in my room on a recent stay and didn't realize I had left it. On this particular trip, I returned home for 72 hours and was back to Gallup, NM again for another week stay. When I got back for my 2nd stay, I realized I didn't have my folder/manual. I thought I had left it home but then realized maybe I never packed it and I left it at the hotel the week prior. I asked the front desk, they checked their lost and found log but it came up with no results. Another supervisor went in back to check just in case and came out with a plastic bag with all my materials. To the cleaning staff it may not have looked like much and they could have easily thrown it away. To me, it was 3 hours of training notes and the manual I needed for my 2nd follow up sales webinar. They were life savers!!! I can trust the staff from the management to the maintenance. It is a wonderful place to visit. I do hesitate putting this information on Trip Advisor as I know this could come back to bite me. I want to always be sure I have a place to stay and the hotel isn't full...this could be to my demise but to travelers in the area..it's a gold mine. Holly E.

Room Tip: there is no restaurant but they put out snack/coffee & tea in the evening and a really nice cont...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
kpriege, General Manager at Comfort Suites Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

I would have to agree with you that all hotels should provide amazing service like we do. We thank you for your comments and look forward to serving you again.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Gallup

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Driving back home from Las Vegas, I ran into some bad weather late in the evening. I decided it was best to stop driving for the night. I pulled out my IPhone and opened my TA app. After reviewing hotels I chose the comfort Suites. My family had a great nites sleep, followed by a great free breakfast. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Giantsfan4andmore
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Facilify must be relatively new. Clean, well kept, comfortable beds, nice bathroom. More room than necessary for two so we weren't crowded. Full breakfast like at other Choice Hotels only the hot foods were rather bland - eggs were 'patties' and sausage gravey was just OK.

Front desk gave wrong room number so we spent a couple minutes trying to get into someone else's room. Morning clerk had a white shirt & tie on but he looked like he'd slept in them.

Management is very military oriented which was nice. Internet was sort of slow.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janel D
Reviewed 24 July 2013

First time staying with Comfort Suites in Gallup, and it definitely won't be our last! The room ROCKED - two Queen beds, AND a fold out sofa. Beautiful decorating job in the room - probably the nicest we stayed at along our trip through the SW. CLEAN, comfortable - can't get much better than this - wish I had snapped a few shots for this review. Really nice breakfast area with a great meal before hitting the road - THANK YOU, COMFORT SUITES - we WILL be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya A
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were able to get in on same day . Called from road when we realized we couldn't reach our destination. Very pleasant stay. staff was efficient and pleasant. Easy on and off of highway 40. Very quiet.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank pianistgraz
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Really clean hotel. Very spacious room. Huge bathroom. Front desk staff recommended Earl's Family Restaurant for dinner, and we really were pleased with the food there. Breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, fruit, muffins, pastries, yogurt, bagels and waffles. Employees were very attentive at breakfast, refilling and restocking food items on the breakfast bar and cleaning tables just as soon as people left. Would definitely stay here again, especially since it's one of the less expensive hotels in the area. Very pleased with the quality for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank PattyAce
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here for 1 night with our 3 kids ages 10,8 and 7 in a double queen suite. The hotel is new and decently sound proofed. Breakfast was basic but sufficient. Fairly priced.

The hotel did sell out the night we were there, so book early. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family