“Ok Visit Stan”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 7 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

It might just be me, but anywhere there are large quantity's of silk or plastic flowers tends to creep me out a bit. And they were everywhere outside, and inside the lobby too. They were old and faded and just makes you feel like someone is just trying a little too hard to "brighten" the place place. My advice, get rid of the plastic and plant some REAL local foliage.

Checking in, I got a great price ... but there was still that creepy feeling in the lobby.... kinda of like a euro-trash hostel vibe ... not quite sure who is lurking around the corner.

My room was all the way down the hall and I had a great room. It was clean, the lights worked, Cable was a little fuzzy...but overall I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were super comfy...but my only thing was the pricing list left for linens n such....trying to deter theft.

I went out for food and tried to bypass the lobby and go in the door closest to my room...but my key wouldn't access the door. So in the freezing cold, I trekked back to creepy lobby area and then had to trek all the way back down the hall to my room.

After my little private tantrum... I had a great night of sleep and didn't stay to try out the breakfast.

I don't know if I would stay at this particular Microtel, but I am definitely willing to give the chain another shot... especially since I saved so much money!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Espy7
Reviewed 22 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Phillip K
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was the worst place I have ever stayed. Rude guy at desk and the breakfast was not appealing at ALL. No room to move around in breakfast room, when I checked in I was told to only use one of the beds in my room which was a double queen for me and my young daughter... well sorry but I PAID 68 dollars and can and did use both beds. I am very unsatisified with my stay here and will think long and very hard before EVER staying at a Microtel again. WORST PLACE I BEEN IN ALL YEAR.

Room Tip: i would not recommend this place there are lots of motels in Gallup. I would recommend any of them t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sweetcitylivin s
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Use to stay there but it went down hill so we stopped staying there the twice a year we pass through Gallup.
Gave it another try last spring and it's back to their old standards. The beds were great, room was clean & the staff was great.
Will stay there in the fall if we go that way again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MNSunshineSeeker

we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our rooms have new pillow tops and have been remodeled so we are so glad you decided to stay with us again, and hope to see your future travels.