“You get what you pay for.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Kansas City, Missouri
“You get what you pay for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I do not understand the bad reviews, as with everything in life you get what you pay for. My wife and I drove 16 hrs and needed a place to sleep. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Yes the breakfast was not great but again you get what you pay for. And if the train keeps you from sleeping you must not have driven enough.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again on a future trip through Gallup N.M.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Banningham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

In my husband's words ... "fleabag" was his description!!!! Actually he did mention that the cleanliness of the room was decent. Looking for a good deal doesn't always mean it's worthy of the savings!!!! Check elsewhere before you stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you would have brought any problems to our attention we would have done our best to correct any issues you may have had at that time. I am glad you did enjoy the cleanliness of our rooms.

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Gallup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stopped at a competitor and would not pay the price. As we drove down the street we saw the Microtel and pulled in. Not only was the price one that we would pay, but the room was superior, and we drove back from Santa Fe to stay there again the next night on our way home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank Jacqueline P. B
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and can't wait to see you on your next trip through Gallup. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Moncton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Absolute, Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in and we encountered a few driving across the United States. We stopped at a Welcome center and got a hotel coupon book. We chose Microtel because it was on our route. We had never stayed at one before but thought Wyndham is usually a good chain and this coupon advertised that it had been recently renovated. WHAT A JOKE!
We checked in late at night after 15 hours of driving and when driving up it looked OK, They didn't seem happy we presented the coupon and asks us to pay more... for what I'm not sure?
Anyway we declined and they gave us the last room on the 2nd floor. I really don't know where to start. I had medication that had to be refrigerated but when I opened the fridge it was disgusting and had no shelves and it was all iced up... the carpets were stained and there was some kind of weird built in shelf/closet thing with a tv on top nearly touching the ceiling, with the cords hanging down. We checked the bed to make sure it was clean and it seemed good enough so we unpacked. I wish we hadn't! When we went it the bathroom it was clear it hadn't been cleaned in awhile, there was a huge red arrow painted on the tub surround near the tap- I guess to show you how to turn it on?? My husband tried to run water in the sink and had to get on his hands and knees to reach under the sink and pull something to get it to hold water. I wiped the toilet seat to make sure it was clean cause I really had to pee but after sitting down I realized their toilet paper holder was on an opposite wall about 6 feet away so my husband had to come in and pass the TP! We were exhausted and knew we only wanted to get 4 hours of sleep so we decided to take a shower, not complain, sleep and go. The shower- First time in my life I felt disgusting and dirty after using a shower. I'm not sure what it was but the water left a grime all over me. GROSS. There were 2 towels (one hand, one a little bigger) that were stiff and stunk so I used my own clothing to dry off. It was about that time I noticed the light shade in the bathroom was dripping some weird brown crap (it looked like tobacco stains in this non smoking hotel). There were multiple poorly done patches over the walls, with paint chips everywhere. The room was freezing and we never did get the heater working and there were no extra blankets- in fact what was on the bed was so thin I wouldn't call it a blanket. I really can't believe we stayed but we tried to get some sleep in the most uncomfortable bed, in a disgusting room. My husband was able to sleep a few hours while I cringed, waiting for him to wake up. No sleep for me in that place, thankfully we have heat and a clean environment in the car to sleep. I don't know why he thought the breakfast would be any better but my husband decides to try it before we continue our drive. Well the waffle maker was broken, everything but the instant oatmeal packs were gone so that was his choice, when he went to grab one that's exactly what it was, ONE. Anyway he makes it up and I don't know if it was just a bad package or if it was just so old but it was unediable. We quickly left, didn't even complain as I don't think it would have done any good. To know your establishment is it that condition and you can accept peoples payment and say Have a good night is unthinkable to me. We continued our trip and arrived at our friends vacation home, quickly showered because we're both now itchy! And they asked where we stayed, and before I finished she said OH NO, NOT MICROTEL IN GALLUP! We compared notes and it was the same for them weeks before, right down to the broken waffle maker, but at least for them there were a couple more unediable oatmeal packs! Never ever again, if you read this, please don't even consider it, as I'm sure pulling over on the side of the road and sleeping in your car is by far the better choice than Microtel.... actually there's a row of hotels right around this place. I'm pretty confident in saying they must be better than microtel- it wouldn't take much to be 100% better! I think I'm off to write Wyndham- I don't think they'd be proud to have this place share their name.

Room Tip: Don't! Find another place, there's quite a few hotels next to each other on the same street...