“Terrible Service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I am the current General Manager of a hotel. I am very critical of other hotels as I am with my own. I got to this hotel at 2am after traveling all night. I chose this hotel because it was right off the interstate. The gentleman who worked the desk was extremely rude at best. I was treated like I was imposing on his television time.
There was no elevater in the hotel and it was run down. You most definitely get what you pay for, however I checked in in the middle of the night and still paid $70. At check out the same gentleman was working and we still received the same rude service. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you were not treated very nicely. I have spoken with the night staff and hope that this type of behavior does not happen again.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The only reason I chose the hotel with this funny name is because of "Wyndham" . Wyndham has never let me down in the past so knowing Microtel would be at the bottom of the Wyndham food chain iI took a chance. I travel for pleasure often and I need, at the least, a good bed and shower of course amenities are great.Well Microtel in Gallup delivered. Coming off a brutal winter I can excuse the exterior assuming in the next few weeks they can address the landscape . Inside is a clean, thought out and modern renovation. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are 2 floors w/o elevator but have carts at entrance and on second floor so be forewarned. I discovered Microtel browsing a "hotel coupon " booklet and received a great deal. I will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: One big draw back is lack of elevator so select ground floor or near exit stairwell. They do provide...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was not happy with breakfast items running out and not being replaced and with the quality of juice and coffee. Nobody was around to check me out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

We are very sorry to hear about this issue and have spoken with the morning staff to ensure this doesn't continue to happen. Hope to see you on a future trip through Gallup.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I do not understand the bad reviews, as with everything in life you get what you pay for. My wife and I drove 16 hrs and needed a place to sleep. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Yes the breakfast was not great but again you get what you pay for. And if the train keeps you from sleeping you must not have driven enough.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you again on a future trip through Gallup N.M.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Reviewed 23 March 2014

In my husband's words ... "fleabag" was his description!!!! Actually he did mention that the cleanliness of the room was decent. Looking for a good deal doesn't always mean it's worthy of the savings!!!! Check elsewhere before you stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. If you would have brought any problems to our attention we would have done our best to correct any issues you may have had at that time. I am glad you did enjoy the cleanliness of our rooms.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stopped at a competitor and would not pay the price. As we drove down the street we saw the Microtel and pulled in. Not only was the price one that we would pay, but the room was superior, and we drove back from Santa Fe to stay there again the next night on our way home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank Jacqueline P. B
microtelgallup, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words and can't wait to see you on your next trip through Gallup. Glad you enjoyed your stay!