“Smoky non-smoking room with no exhaust fan, nor clock!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Gallup

Motel 6 Gallup
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
“Smoky non-smoking room with no exhaust fan, nor clock!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Been staying at this motel-6 for over 11 years as I traveled between CO & CA. This location has gone sooo downhill, not only the motel but the area. It is on the west side of town, store/restAurants have closed. Not much there. Room was supposed to be non-smoking. Attendant confirmed it on check-in as lady on front of me got smoking room, so I asked. He said mine wasn't. It was after midnight, two tired kiddos in tow, stayed on room. That annoying bathroom exhaust fan was missing so bathroom stunk from smoke smell, not even a clock in the stinkin' room to tell what time to get out of the smelly room! Oh, and their truck/trailer parking is now limited to the lot, no more gravel parking lot for overload. So if you choose to spend your $57+, ENJOY!

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Keekofortune

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

Stayed here over night on our way to Las Vegas. Can't beat the value and the dog is free. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank lkost
Lancaster, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

I picked this Motel-6 because I had stayed there 27 years ago. It looked about the same-not bad just average. The desk woman was friendly and the room was clean. The trains do run nearby but they didn't bother me. I would stay there again. I had no problem making a reservation and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

Very bare bones motel. I couldn't shower because the water smelled like rotten eggs. Fortunately, my stay was only for one night. There was only a tiny shower with stinky water. I stayed here on a long road trip and was checking out all types of motels and hotels. This is one I wouldn't want to stay in again. I was put in the back of the motel which was spooky. I was glad to leave in the morning. It seemed clean enough, though. I did enjoy Gallup, however, and next time I'll give El Rancho Hotel a try.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank travelersolo
Pendleton, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2008

Cheap motel. Asked for two queens and got two full beds. Remote control didn't work. No coffee pot or any other niceties in the room.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Tarol

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

No hot water..no TV (none!) ...no heat. Triple threat. Granted they had a little bit of snow but that shut the tv off...then the power went into neverland and alas I hoped a gas water heater but to no avail....don't they have backup generators? And it is a town that gets lots of snow-we're talking 6 inches on the ground and that knocked out power, satellite??? Anyway the bed was clean but couldn't see much of anything after the power shut off. Needless to say we looked and felt our best in the morning. The 50's vintage sheet and comforter weighed about 8 ounces so they were lucky I have a small amount of body fat or this would sound even more disparaging. My skinny daughter depended upon her 140 pound bull mastiff for body heat...thank goodness they're pet friendly. Okay a person shouldn't complain too much when they choose Motel 6 but you asked....

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank josephinecalifornia
Aberdeen, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2008

I did not even get to make a reservation as the person answering the phone was very very rude, told me there were NO rooms, (even before I could tell her what dates I needed) She seemed to be very crabby and annoyed by my calling, ( was 9 pm at night) I gave the place a 2nd chance by calling again the next day, and again got the same annoyed lady on the phone.

Stayed February 2008