“less than 1 star”

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
blairsburg
“less than 1 star”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Can a place be NO STARS? We booked this dump on line and I figured it was a national chain so it should be OK. When we drove up to it I should have just kissed my money goodbye and went next door to the Super 8 that looked brand new. There was a blue tarp over the office roof that didn't look as if they had just placed it there. The office was filthy and the owner barely spoke English. I checked the room and it smelled so strong of disinfectant I thought maybe we should call the CSI team because someone cleaned up a murder. If my husband wasn't so tight I would have forfeited my money. The beds were OK but I felt like I had the heebie jeebies in the morning. The train noise didn't bother us because we sleep with a sound machine to block out all the outside noises. We certainly didn't bother with the free breakfast because after looking at the filthy office there was no way I was going to eat any of the food served there. Just drove down to the local Mickey D's and got pancakes for a couple of bucks. I can't believe that this place is on anyone's website. OMG avoid it at all costs!

Room Tip: read the reviews and remember that owners often post good reviews to counter the negative ones so if...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blairsburgbarb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denville
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Inn keeper rude, room a dump, bed unconfortable, privacy drapes held together with a clip, door security broken, "free" breakfast was toast and horrible tasting apple juice, trains passing and train horns all night. avoid avoid avoid !!!!!! sleep in your car !!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank dave P

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Eagle Nest, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We reserved 4 room everybody in our group enjoyed our stay. The rooms were nice for a old motel. The bathrooms were very nice and clean. The staff was nice. Breakfast was ok. For the price you pay you can't expect full breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank William T
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The worst motel we have ever stayed at, dirty, run down rooms, very dated, dirty pillows and holes in bed sheets, trains run all night and its very noisy, we felt very unsafe here. We paid to have breakfast but all what was on offer was 5 slices of stale bread, lukewarm tea and a couple of cakes. Drive on by.....

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank witcheshouse
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I were traveling home from AZ and called into Choice hotels to get a place to stay for the night...were booked into this "hole". Knew as we traveled to find it off the freeway it wasn't looking good...seedier area of town. The bathroom was not clean, carpet stained, one surge protector with a mini-fridge, a fan, the TV and other things all plugged in. Surge protector light burned out. Bathroom door would not stay closed by itself. Trains on a track nearby heard throughout the night. Just a dump! Breakfast was watery, lukewarm coffee and some awful stale bread to toast. Toaster had not been cleaned forever....very unfriendly and we wouldn't have stayed except it was after 10 pm and we had been traveling a long time and rate was not refundable.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TravelFanatic2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 18 April 2011

This is the worst motel we've ever seen in person. Honestly, you'd be better off sleeping in your car.

The window in the shower was filthy. The heat lamp in the bathroom is literally hanging by two wires out of the fixture. The outlets in the room are not grounded (but they've used a ground lift to let the cheap outlet strip work). That absolutely is not up to building codes.

The "WiFi" requires constant rebooting on their end. I will be surprised if this review FINALLY makes it to the internet because even though the router is screwed to the ceiling right outside our room, their main connection drops out all the damned time.

I don't know if it's psychosomatic, but we're all itchy now. I haven't found any bugs, but geez, I will consider us lucky if we do not.

To top it all off, they DO NOT answer the phone from the room. I had to call from my cellphone to get them to answer...THREE times.

Right next to the train tracks, but we don't mind the sound. I'd much rather hear that then the upstairs people taking a shower. I wasn't sure they were up there since it sounded like they were in our room.

No thermostat in the room. You have a FAN switch that blows whatever mode they have set.

Just wait until you see the photos. When did AAA approve this????

ugh, go ANYWHERE else.

• Stayed April 2011
6 Thank LandSailor702
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 7 April 2011

The rooms are shabby and the train tracks basically next door. The front desk person I dealt with was surly and lazy. For example, I called about the wireless being down and they told me it was the clouds. I told them to reset the modem and they grumbled and lo and behold it worked.

If you are looking for a good deal there are places 10 - 15 dollars cheaper in this strip. If you are staying at a run down motel you might as well save money. I'd made a reservation coming from out of town, and there seemed to be newer, brighter motels that advertised the same price.

Also, this place has no AC - my room only had a fan. I was traveling in a time of year where this won't matter, but if you are traveling in the summer this place will get REALLY uncomfortably hot.

To make matters worse the fire alarm was disconnected in my room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business