“Do NOT stay here.”
Review of Economy Inn Gallup

Economy Inn Gallup
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The worst hotel west of the Rio Grande. Maybe not, but it's down there with the worst. The room wasn't dated. Rather, it was ancient and it absolutely stank like urine and some kind of cheap cleanser. Had to switch a light bulb from another lamp to the bedside lamp. There was a massive crack under the door enough to squeeze a small rodent through of it wanted to get in. Thank God no rodents had that notion. Burn holes in the sheets in a non smoking room and iron shaped burn marks in the carpet. Bathroom was foul and I wore my flip-flops in the shower. The hair on the back of my neck stood up the entire stay. Even while I was sleeping.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn Gallup

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stopped in Gallup relatively late and decided to get a room for the night. We stopped to check at a few of the surrounding motels to compare rates and look at rooms as we were on a low budget. The Rodeway Inn was the last motel we checked into and let me say; it is hands down the best value in the area. Just about EVERY motel that was in the surrounding area had either rude or a care free attitude. Tina; the manager on duty was very friendly and helpful considering how late we checked in. Our room was very clean and close to the office; which was ideal for us because we were hauling furniture and other belongings. The included microwave and mini fridge was also very ideal for the price. The next morning we overslept and missed breakfast but Tina kept the waffle iron on for us and even looked up the distance to our next stop. If you're looking for an affordable room with excellent customer service; I HIGHLY recommend spending your night at the Rodeway Inn in Gallup. Will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room closer to the office as wi-fi is strongest near the lobby
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Clean and comfortable bed, room was very clean and breakfast was nice and hot. Front desk and manager was very nice and helpful. WiFi was ok not great but as they explain small town has only one provider and very slow speed. As per manager they are in process of getting faster internet very soon through satellite company. My room was far from the office as i took my computer in the lobby it was better. It wasn't a big deal as i just need to check my email.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was a overall great experience! The front desk/ manager, Tina, made us feel very welcome and made sure to attend to our every need. She was very friendly and helped us with any questions on the area as well. The room was extremely clean and well taken care of. Also, she let us know about the breakfast and made sure we had a lot of variety of food to chose from. I would definitely recommend this stay. The new management is amazing and I had no complaints. I would definitely recommend the stay here and look to come back again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We found this place through the Internet. It is overall a bit dated but clean and the people were super nice and helpful with extra needs. Breakfast is toast and pastries, two kinds of juice, butter and jelly. Rooms have tv, microwave and a refrigerator. Wifi was weak but that was not high on our priority for a one night stay.
Ample parking with adequate lighting.
Overall we were happy to have found it and would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were aware of the train noise and what we were getting for $45. So no complaints here. In facts, the room was clean and decent, the water was hot and bed comfortable. Cracks in the door of room 123 (ours). But when we knocked at the lobby door at about 8 am, the door was locked the breakfast was not even there. A woman in pyjamas (the owner) and messy sleepy hair produced some coffee (despicable taste) and asked me in a grumpy voice if I wanted bread. She pulled a couple of slices off the plastic bag with her bare hand and handed them to me. YUCK!
Why claim you have breakfast when you cannot even have a cup of milk and cereal? Not even tea?
CHOICE HOTELS MUST remove this hotel from their lists- it is a shame to call it a chain. We stayed at many Rodeway Inn hotels, some better than others, but this was the worst and never ever will we be back there.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel, unfriendly and dirty breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Adelina14
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Got this through my choice hotels app but this was a hole. The manager seemed nice enough but the rooms were old, stuffy and the air conditioner did not work. Room was dirty and not cleaned well. The place needs to be raised...

Room Tip: Choose another motel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family