“Ok”

Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Melbourne, Australia
“Ok”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Stayed here one night at random found the motel ok,it has a pool and spa.
The rooms were clean and the room tidy. The price I thought was ove the top$100 us.
If you ever go to Gallup rte 66 is dead and the far end of town (west) is a ghost town
So saying that the new section by the freeway about 1 mile from here, has the brand new hotels
also at brand new prices from $125us and some $130..So the choice is stay west but you wont like the area or payup and stay at the ritz or stay here. Breakfast no worse that most motels.
Yes this town is like flagstaff spread out along the railway line. All the hotels will hear the trains some worse than others, You will hear the trains but not as bad as some other motels and like some in Flagstaff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oregon
Reviewed 21 September 2012

The motel is on old 66 which is now the rather old and run down part of town.
Room was reasonably quiet and bed ok. But the management was very bad. When I arrived he was standing at the front door scowling and saying nothing-- just looked at me and pointed to a sign on the door that said "no vacancy- reservations only". I guess he made some sort of decision just by looking at me that I had no reservations -- (I did actually).
When I checked out he grabbed the key and walked away. Never said one word.

Room Tip: Rooms in another motel all together are your best bet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank OCeallaigh837

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was heading out to the Grand Canyon and stopped over in NM for a little rest. I have stayed in many DAYS INN and was confident that my experience here would be like many others at DAYS INN....WRONG! My first hint of problems, NO OTHER CARS IN LOT! Went in and booked a room for 89.00. Seemed high but we were tired. SECOND HINT OF PROBLEMS....India mosaic tiles over the front desk....

Walked down the hallway to the room and I could smell the nasty stench of someone cooking food from India. Got to my room and the smell was even worse. Used the toilet and it ran the rest of the night. Yes the train ran by outside every fifteen minutes but I will concede the hotel management could do nothing about this.

Woke up smelling like nasty spices from India. Went down to eat breakfast, the Milk was powdered, the orange juice was rancid, the waffle batter smelled like it was bad. Decided breakfast somewhere else would be in my best interest.

Went to front desk to complain. This was not a 89.00 room but rather a 49.00 at best!!

Was told by a older lady from India in a flowing gown(behind the front desk who seemed to be in charge) that she was just hired help making 5.00 an hour and she could do nothing. After I asked for some sort of manager that could help or number I could call she started a tirade about how she could do nothing, she worked for under the minimum wage, had no authority at all to do anything and I was an idiot for not understanding this & staying there in the first place.

If you ever trusted the DAYS INN LOGO to insure your stay as being good, clean & safe as I had for years, you can throw all of that out of the window because obviously they will let anybody have the name on their hotel chain now. MOTEL FROM HELL !!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Read reviews first and book ahead!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank B G
Reviewed 2 July 2012

There was BLOOD on our 'clean' sheets and I called the manager and had him come to the room. He raised his voice at us saying his staff isn't 'blonde' he said it had to be our blood- which it wasn't! He continued yelling at us and walked out of the room. When we went to check out the manager walked into the back and would not help us.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank jenwalt
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The sign out front advertises that this place is newly remodeled when inside we asked if it was nice. They responded yes.but let me tell you it's an experience. We checked for bed bugs didn't find any it appeared that the mattresses were new not sure about that but it appeared that they work the rest of the building the rest of the room was an absolute pigsty the tub and I doesn't look like it has ever been cleaned . the furniture had cracks scratches. the carpet by the way may have been a few years old not bad I guess considering rest the room was dirty all of the corners actually fill in all of the corners.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank flycassutts
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel was very nice as far as the cleanliness of the room.The price was too high for the time of year and the hotel had young kids that kept some of the guests up at night.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank allen p
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The smoke detector needed batteries. Front desk told me that I would have to wait until morning. .... OR I could change it myself. So I changed it myself.... No offer for another room ... nothing except when I complained she said the manager said to get my things and go?????? What the crap?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family