“Better than the other one ”

Gallup Days Inn West
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We checked into this hotel expecting it was better than other Days Inn location and it was. Room was clean and front desk staff was helpful. This hotel is easier to get to than the other one and better overall value for the money. We will stay here again when we drive through gallup.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Rjj4891

Reviewed 19 December 2013

In Gallup, there are nicer rooms and cheaper rooms but this location was a good middle ground. The desk clerk (manager?) was very polite both at check-in and check-out. The room was large with a table, sofa, and desk so that you have plenty of room to relax. Fortunately my room was in the back building, so the infamous trains of Gallup didn't disturb my slumber, but I suspect that they may be problematic if one was in the other building. The wi-fi signal was a bit weak back there though. Overall, the price was right and the room was comfortable. I would be likely to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shane W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a very old Days Inn on Route 66' that could use some TLC. It was not up to the quality of other 2 days Inn's we stayed at on our trip, for the one we just stayed at in Tucumcari the night before was old but well cared for. This doesn't mean that it was not clean, for it was but even things like the heating system stayed on most of the time and was quite noisy and you could get no the internet and they blamed it on a slight rain. The room was dimly lit. If my wife hadn't been with me it would have been a place for me to sleep but a women needs a little bit more. The coffee make didn't work and the TV wasn't in the best of conditions. It just was very well cared for and I wouldn't recommend it to a couple traveling.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before booking a night
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lloyd M
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This is a dated old hotel, right next to (and on the wrong side of) the railroad tracks. The lobby area and exterior are very tired looking. The room was OK, reasonably clean but again very tired looking.

For $50/night though I cannot complain. When I am traveling solo, I don't need much.

Room Tip: Stay to the back, the noise for the railroad tracks is very loud and frequent.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Spokaneman1949
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This certainly was not up to the quality of the other Days Inns I've stayed at. The room was reasonably clean, although the carpet left a lot to be desired (1970's dark green). The ice machine in my building was not running, you'd think the front desk clerk would have known that, as there are only two ice machines on the premises. The pillows are nothing more than puff balls, and I believe one of the pillowcases was left over from a previous guest, it had telltale wrinkles. When I woke up in the morning, my legs had the markings of bed bug bites, and they're only getting worse as time goes on. My first bed bug bite ever, certainly not a claim to fame for this motel. Keep going west on Route 66, there are more than a half dozen newer motels at the next exit. It was late, I was tired, and learned my lesson. The evening desk clerk was pleasant enough (she even told me about the bed bugs at the Super 8 down the street!), but the morning clerk was a cold fish, no pleasantries at all.

Room Tip: Go down the road a ways to a better motel. If you must stay here, ask for a room in the back, as th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank VeeHee
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was a disappointment, very run down, bad odor in the room, carpets were disgusting, we wore flip flops instead of walking around barefoot or in socks.
It is right across street from train tracks. We asked if the train came through very often and the front desk person said every once in a while. Well that was an understatement. Slept with earplugs. I wouldn't stay here again.
In their defense however, it was one of only two spots available when we passed through.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rtrh
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed several nights while on business. The room had an unpleasant odor, and the desk staff were a bit "cold" when I voiced my concern over this and other conditions. The sheets did not fit well over the mattress, so they bunched up and came off during the night. The top sheet also had no room to fold back over the (presumably) dirty blanket and spread, so I had to constantly tugg at sheet to get it to cover back over and keep my face off the bedspread. Some sort of waterproof mattress pad was sticky and clammy after a few hours. Lots of nicks, scrapes, gaps, cracks, peels, and a dirty tub gave it a low-ball feel and look.In additon, someone came into the room and removed my used towells while I was at breakfast between 0800-0900, well-before check out time, leaving me with no floor matt to step on after my shower. Lastly, the Internet was slow, hard to get much done during peak evenng hours. I would not stay here again, as Gallup has a veritable plethora of inexpensive places to stay. "Days Inn" is a brand that is now forever tainted in my mind.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business