“SUPERB VALUE and very nice”

Red Lion Hotel Gallup
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is the second year I have stayed at this hotel, each stay has been for a week. The hotel has recently undergone some major renovations and seem to still be going through some minor adjustment but very clean and very very very comfortable. The staff has been very nice and accommodating in all things that I saw and experienced. It is important to note that a full hot breakfast is served each morning and it was included in the room price. On Saturday, the breakfast was made to order and not steam-table. If you are going to be in Gallup, this Hotel is one that I highly recommend and will stay there again next year when I go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Dionna D, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We want to thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Lion and let you know that we appreciate the feed back you have given us. we will be sharing this information with our team members.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our room was large, the beds clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and the overall experience was very nice, with a better than usual Continental breakfast. The indoor pool was large and the water warm,(if a little murky). The hot tub wasn't working. That was probably the most disappointing thing. The TV set wasn't very good, but the room had a mini-fridge and a microwave.
This isn't a Hilton. It's an overnight rest, so don't expect it to full-fill all your vacation needs. But I've spent a lot more money on crappy, smelly rooms with uncomfortable beds and rowdy neighbors. This was a friendly,cheap, comfortable rest from the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dionna D, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. If you are in the neighborhood again, please let us know. we love having you here

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel was a Best Western and was taken over approx. two years ago. They still don't have their act together. As a Red Lion Club Member I was disappointed. The cook and bartender failed to show up for work, thus no food or drink. The only food within walking distance is a Taco Bell and a sandwich/donut shop.
The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the wall and the light fixture was missing it's cover. Lamps were missing bulbs or were burned out. WI-FI did not work in the room, only by the pool or lobby. Hot tub was out of order.
We stayed there mid-week and was sent done the street to the next hotel, Gallup Inn, and their restaurant and lounge are only open on Friday's and Saturdays . They should have been aware of this if they're going to send their customers somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Richard H
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

sorry your stay was that bad i'll make sure to look in to what haeened ok again soory for your bad stay

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We recently stayed here for one night and I must say, we were quite impressed with the lovely room! It was clean and quiet. The housekeeping staff were polite and friendly. The pool was great! Nice size and warm. The hot tub, however, wasn't working and it closed pretty early... Closed at 9pm, a little disappointing for my daughter. The wifi, my spouse had no trouble logging on and staying connected... For some reason, my iPad wasn't connecting... So used my spouse's iPad... The location wasn't fun, the hotel is situated pretty far from town. The restaurants nearby didn't look appealing so we had to drive clear across town to find a nice place to eat. Shopping and movie theater was pretty far, too. Overall, it was a nice hotel. Just a few things that bugged us but we slept good! haha

Room Tip: Bottom floor was great! No noise coming from above or next door! AC in all rooms, not noisy at all...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Am L
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay . some apple products have trouble logging on to our wifi I don't know why . but I'm glad you liked your stay hope to see you back soo.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My stay at the redlion was great. The morning staff was the best breakfast was amazing the cook came out and asked us how we were doing wich was very nice, the morning server made sure he did anything possible to make my wife and i were happy when she asked him for decaffeinated coffee he brought out a fresh cup specially for her! the food was amazing it was plated and fresh my family loved it not to mention i loved the music they were listening too! i made sure to get their names so there was no confusion . Fernando was the cook and shawn was the server they are very kind employees and i will definitely be back just because of them! Thanks for ur kind staff!

• Stayed: June 2014
Ryan L, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I'm very glad you enjoyed you stay we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Staying with my 91 year old mother in law and wife with 2 bad knees. Was told the only room was upstairs with no elevator. The room was not what I would expect from Red Lion, very mediocre. For breakfast the eggs were cold, the waffles were cold and hard. Order from room service of sandwiches took 1 hour to be delivered.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I'm sorry this has happened to you I will be looking into this right away!
please except my apologies for the poor service you had. again I'm so sorry
have a nice day.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This place is a DUMP! Stay somewhere else.
1. Showed up at 1pm to see if rooms might be available. Front desk clerk said they might be but if we checked in prior to 3pm she had to charge an extra $25 per room. WHAT???? I have been traveling for 30 years and have never heard of that rule.
2. Checked in: lobby smelled like sewage coming from the men's room. Room was 100 degrees and a/c did not work. Phone did not work. Changed rooms. Phone still did not work. Both bathroom light fixtures missing covers. TV remote did not work. No ice or vending on my floor. No elevator.
I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I'm sorry your stay was that bad here , I'm looking into the last few days and I'm not happy myself so things will change here real fast .
I'm sorry again ( but I will take of this) .have a nice day.