“Great Stay”

Red Lion Hotel Gallup
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Professional, helpful and friendly staff. My family and I stayed at the hotel for two nights. The air conditioning was not working on the second night so we were moved to another room across the hall, both rooms were nice and tidy. The hotel staff was very helpful in accommodating our needs. While the restaurants and bar closed early, breakfast was great. If we ever find ourselves in Gallup, NM, we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Dionna D, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Lion. I want to thank you for your review. it is good to hear from our guest and see how we are doing

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Pool, hot tub, and fitness room were closed. Televisions and rooms were outdated. The lobby and halls smelled like sewage. The bar was closed on a Saturday night at 10pm as a large group of us were walking in. I was told an hour earlier that the bar would stay open as long as patrons were present. The bar lost out on business from a group of nine. We had to sit in the lobby and by the nonworking pool to spend time together. The same night an event/rock concert was taking place in a ballroom. The music could be heard from my room as well as numerous people from the event were in the halls and parking lot. I read previous reviews and hoped the issues, such as the pool closure, would have been resolved.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

I want to apologize for the frustration you experienced. I want to assure you that we will be taking these concerns to our team meeting and we will be discussing the breakdown that occurred and the corrective action that is needed. thank you for your review, it was appreciated.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have in the past, along with several other co-workers of mine have stayed at the Red Lion in the past due to the many amenities, pool, lounge, restaurant, Wi-Fi etc.... So the last time I stayed about a month ago was not so great at that time but figured we'd (three other co-workers were staying there as well) give it another shot. Worst mistake ever. When we first arrived we saw a sign that said the pool, fitness center, and Jacuzzi were closed. This was not mentioned to us when we reserved the rooms. I asked for a discounted rate due to lack of amenities. But I pretty much got a "sorry about your luck" attitude and answer. Then we were told the restaurant does not open till 7 and the lounge till 8. Well, not wanting to wait that late for dinner, we opted to go elsewhere to eat. Upon arriving back to the hotel, well after 8, looking forward to a night cap the lounge was closed. We were told it was because the bar staff came in last night instead of tonight??? How does this make any sense. The next day my co-worker asked the front desk for caffeinated coffee for her room, she was told they had none. She then asked for a fork, again she was told they had none, or she could wait and get one at the restaurant when it opened at 7pm. Again, really? No pool, no Jacuzzi, no fitness center, no coffee, no sundries and definitely no service. This is a hotel right??? Well, we will never be staying there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jane S

thank you for your review, it was appreciated. I want to apologize for the frustration you experienced. I want to assure you that we will be taking these concerns to our team meeting and we will be discussing the breakdown that occurred and the corrective action that is needed. thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I do not expect great things in Gallup. Red Lion was one of the top-rated at 2.5 stars and it does not deserve them. This was a business trip so access to the internet was critical but there was none. The pool is advertised but closed (apparently it has been closed for quite some time judging by past reviews, which is kind of irritating). The work out facilities are advertised but are also closed. They do not open their bar area on Sundays so I had to sit in the empty restaurant and wait an inordinate amount of time while they "searched for the key to the beer cooler" at 4 p.m. The staff were friendly but mostly helpless.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael B B
RL_Customer_Care, Corproate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I want to begin by apologizing for the issues you encountered during your stay. I am sorry that the facilities and amenities were not up to par with the expectations we have for our hotels. I do want to apologize for both the pool and fitness center not being open as well. It is essential to Red Lion Hotels that we provide you with the best possible experience during your stay. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to improve your experiences with us in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have become Red Lion fans because of this first experience with the chain. After Gallup, we stayed for two nights at the Red Lion in Farmington. Reasonable rates, clean rooms, great amenities, awesome breakfast... and the most important factor of all is a good night's sleep. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

I want to thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. we enjoy receiving feed back from our guests. thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Trying to dress up an old hotel. But, mold in grout of tiles, bathroom walls show cracks and gaps in surface plaster , chair and ottoman in room are stained and worn out, furniture scratched and worn. But beds good, sheets clean and for an overnight it's just ok. Pool closed by state inspector.

• Stayed: July 2014
Dionna D, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

As the new general manager of the Red LIon, I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. We try to exceed all of our guest expectations, however, there are occasions were we don't meet them. Please accept my apologize for the frustration you have experienced during your stay. The pool was closed for a chemical imbalance and will be opened this week. The cleanliness issues have been taken to our housekeeping department and we are deep cleaning every room The issues of unfriendliness has also been addressed at our front desk meeting as well. I would like to invite you to stay with us again when you are in the area.
Thank you again.
Dionna Douros-General Manager

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one evening. Check in was clumsy. Only one front desk girl to handle everything and everyone! I felt sad for her. Our rooms were to be non-smoking but one of the rooms had fresh cigarette smoke in it! UGH! When we requested to be moved, the poor front desk girl was so busy but when our turn came it was handled smoothly.
Breakfast was interesting. No one in restaurant to help guests...food OK but ran out.
We left a valuable personal item in our room and are still awaiting a resolution!
The value for the room was good, bathroom fixtures old and worn. i will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

I want to thank you for submitting your review and I want to apologize for the frustration you experienced. I will take these concerns to our manager meeting and we will be discussing the breakdown that occurred and the corrective action that is needed. Again I apologize for your frustration.