“Nice place, nice price”

Red Roof Inn Gallup
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Gallup
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stopped for one night while on the way to California. It is easy access from I-40 but is on the far west side of Gallup. The night clerk was friendly and checked us in very quickly. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room. It was clean, comfortable and appears updated. Had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee pot. Also had a pretty decent hair dryer. They offer a free continental breakfast that is fairly limited but good to get you going for the day. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie N
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I am so glad you found our rooms to be satisfactory; we have been updating them and are glad that you noticed. I know there are many motels/hotels to choose from in Gallup and I am so thankful you decided to give us a try. I hope all your travels are safe ones and I, along with all the staff will look forward to serving you on your next visit to or through Gallup.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Nice stopping point between Flag & ABQ ~ as much as we enjoy the beautiful lights as you descend into Albuquerque on a night drive, sometimes we are just too tired & this Red Roof Inn in Gallup has become a favorite. Flat screen TV w/lots of channels, fridge/micro, free wifi with good signal. Room is clean and beds are comfortable with decent linens & actual fitted bottom sheets. A great value ~ not fancy but certainly much nicer than your usual "bargain" motels. If you want a real breakfast you'll probably want to plan on visiting a restaurant, but otherwise it's obvious they are trying very hard to upgrade & maintain the property. Patricia & Vivian at the front desk deserve honorable mention ~ wish all Red Roof Inns were this clean & staffed with such friendly & helpful personnel :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LINDA H

It was so nice to see your positive comments, I appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. All of us value your continued patronage! I will make sure to relay your positive comments to Patricia and Vivian. We will look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Checking the reviews it was apparent there had been a recent shift for the better at the Red Roof Inn in Gallup. We liked the reasonable price and easy location from the freeway and were not looking for a Rt 66 experience on this trip.

The staff was very friendly and quick to help us check in. We requested a ground floor room because we like the outside doors and parking right at the door of the room. The room we were given was on the back side of the hotel, (supposed to be more train noise on that side), but would have been fine and was spotless and freshly updated, but was a recently converted smoking room and the smell was still too strong for us. Back to the office and they very quickly changed us to another room up front just down from the office, (103). Much the same condition, minus the smoke smell, so excellent.

Great sleep on the king bed and loved the new hard floors! No more scary carpet! Everything was clean and the room had the trifecta of fridge/micro/coffee maker along with iron and hair dryer, new flat screen TV and a great desk layout.

The breakfast area is small, but they do have plans to upgrade that as well. Our only thing we would have liked that was missing was a second chair in the room. Would definitely aim for the Red Roof again any time we need to stop in Gallup!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter. Rm #103, (king n/s room) has the stair well right in front of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eric V
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking some time to leave us feedback, we are so pleased that you had a nice stay with us and that you liked the new rooms (we think they're great too). We realize that our property isn't perfect, but we are always trying to upgrade and make improvements; it makes us happy that our efforts haven't gone un-noticed. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Gallup! Thank you for your business and your positive review!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

stayed here twice in October - 2 nights each time on the way to and from other areas of NM. Clean room, provided what we needed. Didn't try the breakfast as it was offered in the reception area and whenever I looked there was quite a gathering waiting to get to the coffee and whatever else was on offer. The receptionist did invite me to take things back to my room - I'm not sure where else we could have eaten it - but we gave it a miss as it was easier to get in the car and go out and buy the same without the queuing. If passing through Gallup again I would definitely still use this motel - on the outer edges of the town but easy to find and provided everything we needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your nice review! I am glad you found our property to your liking. I know the breakfast area is cramped at the moment and am very sorry that this prevented you from eating here...we are hoping to expand our breakfast area in the near future, so hopefully you will be able to eat with us if your travels bring you to Gallup again. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to leave a review. Have a safe trip back home!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Well having checked out of the Palazzo in Las Vegas this was quite a lot different to say the least. Being English I have to say that this place looks much like every motel we see in America programmes on TV - normally because Earl is living there with his brother Randy or because CSI are investigating something - so I half expected a body in the pool the next morning - thankfully not!

We arrived in the dark and picked this place mainly because they had availability and it was cheap. The rooms were clean and functional with air-conditioning and a good sized TV.

I was on the first floor and the only issue I had was that the whole room shook when someone walked past outside. I slept reasonably well and we left first thing in the morning and whilst we looked at the "continental" breakfast we opted to leave it.

Overall, good value and I'd stay at a Red Roof Inn again based on this first experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank earltubthumper

We are glad to hear that our property met your needs. We are always trying to upgrade and improve so that our guests can enjoy optimal comfort; we may not ever be the Palazzo, but we'll work on that for you. I hope you have enjoyed your travels here and that you have a safe trip home.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I read the reviews for this hotel and was very skeptical. What a pleasant surprise. I had a king bed, great bedding laminate flooring, flat screen tv, microwave, fridge and desk with a real desk chair. I know this seems silly, but it was the first hotel where I didn't need my own toilet paper. Also, he staff was very attentive, pleasant, helpful and just plain nice. This is a great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Squeak505

Thank you so much for such a nice review! We are striving to give our guests the best accomadation possible at low prices so it makes us very happy that you felt that way! We hope you will come back to us again in your travels so we can continue giving you the service that you deserve. Have a safe trip!

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed based on reviews, and were very pleased! Loved the updated room, great paint choice. :-) Bed could be firmer, (personal choice) but that's about it. Breakfast was small but offered warm and cold choices so most will find something they like. Will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank vickylynne2005
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so pleased that you like the new rooms; we are partial to them also. It makes us happy when our guests are able to leave here with a great experience because that is always our goal. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing through Gallup! Have a safe trip!