“A mixed bag”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Surprise
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

My experience was pleasurable all night. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, albeit the air was a little stale from the fan/ air being off when we arrived. The updates in the room are fantastic with a microwave and a fridge, an HDTV, and modern decor. I really appreciate their efforts in becoming smoke-free.
And that is whereupon the only dissatisfaction came from.
While the rooms are non-smoking, evidently the balconies are not. Therefore, we awoke in the morning to the putrid smell of cigarette smoke that had been pulled from the balcony into our room by the fan/air. Both my wife and I are very sensitive to the smell and effects of the smoke so our throats were sore and sinuses clogged by the time we got going in the morning. If it were not for that little event in the morning, I would give this place 5 stars.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank JLSmith09
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review of our property, I am so glad you enjoyed our updated rooms! I sincerely apologize for the negative aspect of your stay; I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we will look into ways of remedying the situation for future guests. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn and hopefully your next visit with us will earn a five-star review... we will make that our goal. Have a fantastic weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Inverness Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Rooms appeared clean, but our room smelled of urine. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was poor. For the same rates, I think a different hotel/motel in the area would be a better option. There were several others within a short distance to have chosen from.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. I am so sorry that your recent experience at our motel did not provide you with the fantastic service you deserve and that we take pride in providing. I am especially sorry to hear that there was an odor in your room; we will inspect it to make sure it is no longer there. I hope that you give Red Roof Inn another try at some point as we are usually known for exceptional service and housekeeping. Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

Travellers are raving about these Gallup hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Gallup and West Gallup is a big stopover area along the highway. There are lots of choices but I would really recommend this hotel. It was clean and safe and the staff was friendly. It included free breakfast and that was a little lacking compared to most Super 8's we stay in but for the price this is a really good value. Really easy on/off for the highway and not too far to a bunch of restaurants. Don't let the price fool you as I think this was just as nice as some hotels we stayed in that were a good 30% higher or more.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the positive review you left for our motel! We love to hear feedback from our guests so we can know how to better serve you, but when the feedback is as positive as yours, it makes it much more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and if you find yourself traveling through Gallup again, we hope we will have the privilege of hosting you. Have a safe trip!
New Mexico
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were hesitant to stay at the Red Roof Inn because of past experience, but once we arrived at the Red Roof Inn in Gallup we were greeted by friendly staff and a very nice updated room. Our company made the reservation for us and we are glad they picked this place. The only compliant we had is that we had been working and traveling all over New Mexico and really needed some sleep, but got woke up several times by the noise outside our room. People were standing by the stairs near our front door laughing and talking from the late night to the early morning. The people upstairs was stomping through the night. So getting a good nights rest was out of the picture. Loved the décor of the room and the updates were awesome. Would stay again just might ask for a different room that is upstairs and away from the stairs. Thanks again. P.S. Pool needs to be updated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs but very good access to the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dishon67
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. I am so sorry you had to deal with noisy people but am happy that didn't totally ruin the experience for you. We love our updated rooms too and hope that we can provide you even better service the next time you come to Gallup. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inn, have a great week!
San Ramon, California
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here while driving through Gallup on a road trip. The price was very reasonable, and the room was very nice and updated. The outside looks older, so don't let that fool you. Our room had a king sized bed, a large bathroom area, and a nice desk/writing area. The only small complaint I have is that the small fridge in the room made strange, rather loud noises throughout the night. The bed itself was decent. Not the MOST comfortable bed I've ever slept in, but not too bad. Overall, we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I was so happy to hear your positive feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. I am sorry that your refrigerator was making noise, we will make sure to get that fixed. Thank you for sharing your experience! It is so helpful not only to potential guests of our property, but also to us; we want to provide the best service possible and your feedback helps us to do so. Thank you again for choosing Red Roof Inn!
Bisbee
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Night staff woman was super busy and efficient, but not real warm and fuzzy. Elaine the morning front desk woman was super nice and helpful. Breakfast was all carbs and no fruit or hard boiled eggs, so not that well rounded. Bit disappointing. But overall a decent value, which is important to me.

Stayed August 2014
Patricia530, Manager at Red Roof Inn Gallup, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am so glad to hear you were happy with our room and the service of our staff. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to Elaine; it is always nice to hear when our staff has done their job well. As far as breakfast selection is concerned, I understand your desire for a bigger variety. We will take that under advisement and see what we can do to accommodate. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when we know you have many options to choose from in Gallup. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are here!
Clovis
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I come to Gallup on business and the Red Roof Inn is clean, roomy and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is the breakfast offered hot cereal but I had to take it and my milk back to my room to fix it as the breakfast area did not have a microwave. It would have been nice if they had had a sign telling you that there was no microwave in the breakfast area. By the time I realized it, I had poured my milk into the bowl with the cereal so walking back to my room with a full bowl was a little hazardous. Fortunately, I was on the ground floor and only a few doors down from the office.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your recent stay here at Red Roof Inn. I am so glad to hear that you found your room to be clean, comfortable and convenient. I apologize that there is no microwave in the breakfast area; I admit that is something we had not previously thought of since we have hot water for that purpose, but hearing your experience, now we will definitely take it under consideration. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we have the privilege of seeing you again in the near future!