“Clean, Helpful”

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Gallup
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Clean, Helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I found the Gallup Comfort Inn to be clean and quiet with a good, well laid-out breakfast. The pool room was small, but bright and clean and the breakfast area was easily accessable. Gina at the front desk was particularly kind and helpful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Melinda B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My travels take me from Phoenix to Denver and I usually have to stop overnight in Gallup, New Mexico. I was very happy to stay at this Comfort Inn and would recommend to other members. When I arrived the desk employee was quick with my check in and very nice young lady. My room was very clean and seemed to be recently renovated. Very comfortable king bed. It even came with a small refrigerator and microwave. Previous reviews about the breakfast host, Della, were totally accurate. She is a very charming person who spent time telling us about the local surroundings. The fresh blueberry waffles were delicious!

Room Tip: Can't wait to try their new fitness center
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Great hotel! Newer vintage, clean rooms, nice towels (small but fluffy). Good breakfast and the woman who worked the breakfast, Charlene, was excellent. No railroad noise.. Would highly recommend. Great value!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dalhart, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Hated the bathroom sink behind door. Fixtures old rusted vanity old marred. Rm 108 has to be worst in hotel by other reviews
Not worth $114 plus by any means
Only good thing was Cracker Barrel next door
Better when it was Ramada Express prices then $65 & had much better room
And so much for choice awards they are a farce .
Best Western better choice for awards

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank butler847
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Gallup, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I’m disappointed in not earning a better score from you. It has always been our goal to exceed your expectations and win your loyalty. My staff and I welcome your feedback and plan to discuss your suggestions in our next staff meeting.

Your review lacks a few details that I’d like to point-out. First, my staff was always there to assist you with any special requests (your room was down the hallway from our front desk). We never heard from you all night and assumed that you were fully satisfied. Second, every room in our hotel meets or exceeds the high quality standards of the Comfort Inn brand. Third, my staff went above and beyond to meet your requests – they even called the Cracker Barrel next door to hold a table for you.

Lastly, our hotel is an exceptional value for business and leisure travelers who love our delicious free hot breakfast, free wireless internet, Truly Yours Bedding, fridge/micro in every room, and indoor heated pool/spa. To better serve our guests we’re adding a brand-new Fitness Center (scheduled to open May 1st). Please give us another opportunity to provide a warm welcome.

Best Regards,

Vivek Patel
(505)726-2700 x400
Three Rivers, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I were delighted with the excellent breakfast service provided by Della and her staff this morning, 4/15/2014. The food was hot and tasty but the individually brewed coffee was the best I've had anywhere. Della prepares it and delivered it to your table. She is proud to share her rich Navajo Indian ancestry and briefly explain their culture. In just a few minutes she brought a new meaning to the history of the Gallup area and its Indian heritage. What began as a usual breakfast turned into a rich story-telling of a bygone era. Thank you, Della, for making our experience something very memorable. We look forward to visiting with you on our next trip. The Turners

Smithfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel appeared clean, smelled fresh, the employees were pleasant even calling our room right after we got in to see if the room looked OK. However, after getting luggage in and getting settled in, I noticed a couple of white stains on the bed comforter. They washed off, but I shouldn't have been the one washing them off; it should have been the cleaning people. The air conditioner would not work (only the fan), but we were so tired, after driving over 600 miles, we dealt with it. I would recommend the hotel provided the cleaning staff does a better job in the future.

2 Thank RhondaP2
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

The hotel was nice. I'd have no problem staying here again. The overnight clerk was very friendly and courteous. Well beyond what you typically expect from service industry employees. I don't think you could fake that level of sincerity. I thought the bed was comfortable. My fiancee thought it was too hard. The room was large and clean. The only problem with the room was that it was hot and stuffy when we first got there. The a/c unit would kick on for about 5 minutes then shut off. Once it shut off it had to be reset to get working again. It was a bit of a hassle but nothing that would ruin the stay. I picked this location because of all the reviews raving about Della, the breakfast host. She was there and quite pleasant but I don't think I got the full experience. Breakfast was very busy when we ate. She was serving coffee and making waffles for other guests.