Knights Inn & Suites Gallup
US$118
US$113
Travelocity
Travelocity
All reviewsdownstairs roombagelscomfy bedindoor poolfree wifino elevatorafter a long dayinterstate
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a cute little Adobe style hotel. The appearance is very clean and new. The room is quiet and clean without any oder. The second floor rooms have wi-fi, but the first floor guests have to use Internet in the lobby area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Pros:
- Easy to find. The outside looks exactly like it does in the photos.
- Bed linens (the sheets and pillow covers) were clean and soft.
- The bed itself was comfortable. When noises from upstairs were not waking me up, I slept quite comfortably.
- There was a fridge and microwave. Fridge was working, didn't try the microwave.
- The room was quite large. It was a good price for the size, however the "cons" lowered the value of the room.

Neutral:
- Didn't bother trying to use the wifi, but we did get 3G and 4G in the room.
- Pillows were okay. A little lumpy, but there were four (small-ish) pillows per bed, so that sort of made up for it.
- Parking wasn't bad. Didn't have to walk far to get inside. Rooms open into the hotel hallway, so you have to walk through the main lobby to get there.
- The girl at the desk was not the most personable and friendly, but she wasn't rude. We got in late, so it's often hit-or-miss with the late night desk clerks.
- Breakfast was served until 9am, but we missed it.

Cons:
- You can hear EVERYTHING. We were on the first floor, and every time the people in the room above us rolled over in bed (theirs apparently creaked) or walked across the floor, you could hear it. Same for when they started the shower at 6am. I'm sure our neighbors were thrilled when we rolled in with a couple of toddlers at 2am, too.
- The bathroom shower was mildewed. Kinda gross. Not sure how hotels let their bathrooms get that bad. A little bleach goes a long way!
- The towels, on the other hand, smelled strongly of bleach... On the up side, I'm glad the towels were clean, I guess?
- The toilet seat cover was broken. It came completely off the toilet!
- There were stains on the carpet in a few areas, and stains on the comforter (which we normally take off anyway).

This is the second time we've traveled cross-country with children, and I know that good rooms at affordable prices are often hard to find. (I define "good" as about $50/night for two queens in the middle of nowhere. I am pretty opposed to spending more than $60/night if we can help it for this type of trip where we're staying for one night and generally not even in the room for more than eight to nine hours.) We stayed in some real dumps the first trip. Because of that, I generally settle for clean bedding that doesn't make me worry about bedbugs, and a non-moldy bathroom. Comfortable beds are a bonus, and sound-proof rooms are a must. This hotel was not the worst I've stayed in (the beds were clean, and we just took really quick showers), but I would opt to stay elsewhere next time.

I've read a few reviews saying this was a re-branded property; honestly, after staying here, we specifically stayed away from Baymont Inn & Suites for the rest of our trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was impressed with the comfort of the bed. Have stayed at several different motels in Gallup and this is the first one that I came back to stay again. Front desk was helpful and accommodating and made our stay very pleasant. We stop in Gallup often for over-night stays and this is the place we will always be using for future trips.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple