“Visit a better, more simple lifestyle”
Review of Whitewater Motel

Whitewater Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Whitewater Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glenwood
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I love the Whitewater, and Glenwood in general. It is a quaint motel on the edge of town that is quiet and clean. The owners are super hospitable and will go the extra mile for you. The showers are cozy but the showerheads/pressure is amazing. Dish TV and free wifi. Beds are soft and clean, extra pillows and blankets are provided. New AC units for the hot ones and gas furnaces for the coldees. I have been coming to Glenwood my entire life, ( in fact I have mowed the grass in the back patio are of the Whitewater when I was a child) and through my travels I have not found a more peaceful, beautiful place. Come get lost in its simplicity, you will thank me.

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank RedBeardGraphics

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Our family stayed at the Whitewater Motel on a recent trip. We found it to be very clean, quiet and an all around rustic atmosphere. Glenwood, NM is a charming little town that is a fantastic place to get away from it all. From walking around and getting lost in the woodsy settings to hiking the Catwalk up the road and visiting the fish hatchery. So if you are every passing through be sure to stop off and stay at the Whitewater Motel and stay awhile and see what Glenwood has to offer.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I spent two nights here during a two week backpacking trip through the Gila Wilderness; one in the middle (as my resupply point) and then at the end. (Of course, at that point, any room with running water, a bed, A/C, and a shower would have been great!!)

I loved the inn because of its price, simplicity, and owner. The owner is also the post mistress (the post office is ~100 feet away across the parking lot). She was very helpful and friendly; e.g. allowing me to keep a box of hiking resupply items for two weeks without any charge. When I came back after the hhiking and I was going to arrive late, she left the key outside in a safe place for me to find. The motel was clean and great for my purposes (admittedly, my needs were few after all the backpacking) and I would definitely go back there again, even when traveling with my family.

The whole experience was like a trip back in time. The reservations were kept in pencil on a big paper calendar. The owner may go to bed early and turn on the No Vacancy sign to keep people from waking her up. If you have business with her during the day, you have to go over to the post office and talk with her. But she will try to accommodate any reasonable needs for requests.

Glenwood is a very small town for a traveller. Only three restaurants; one of which only opens in the AM (golden GIrls - a great, very inexpensive breakfast place!). The two evening establishments are open on different nights. When they close, there is nothing else around for at least a two hour round trip drive. One small store/gas station to get supplies. So make sure you have what you need before going to Glenwood. Still, that is part of the charm of this simple, quiet place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank txbenton4
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My wife, two daughters (12 and 14) and I stayed one night here. The lady who checked us in (owner) was nice and helpful. It was like stepping back in time, as she filled out a paper slip with our info on it. She was very nervous due to the pending rain/monsoon season and flooding and mudslides that would occur as a result of the fires that had occurred. She told us she would come by and wake us up if the rains started and flash flooding was a threat in the creek behind the motel. This was a little unsettling, but kept things interesting. There was heavy machinery in the creek the entire time we were there. It was interesting to watch them work, but a little noisy. Our room was large and clean. The water pressure in the shower was very good. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M P
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Recently, my wife & I spent (yet another) night at the Whitewater Motel. Not many other motels to choose from in Glenwood, NM, so we didn't go elsewhere. We have had good times at the Whitewater, in the past, but this time was different. For one, the "river" behind the motel was being excavated, by the highway department, while we were there. Not the motel's fault, but it didn't make for a pleasant night, none the less. Heavy equipment noises, all day, until 7:30pm. We wanted to close the windows, to block out a little noise, but when we tried to turn on the air conditioner, it didn't work. When we asked why, we were told that the A.C. hadn't been turned on yet that spring. It was over 80 degrees outside, and all they had to do was "flip a switch" to turn it on... but no dice. All we got was a small fan for air circulation. Not the best night we have ever spent in that motel. I hope that the management will be a bit more sympathetic to the needs of their guests, in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NoisyWaters
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Basic motel but comfortable and clean. Room very cold on arrival but soon warmed up by gas heater. This was noisy at night. Took severala minutes for the hot water to come though to the brass shower which looked antiquated but in fact gave an adequate douse. No breakfast. Discount for cash.

Room Tip: Limited availability so book ahead.