“The inn keeper is a drug smoking idoit.”
Review of Los Olmos Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glenwood
Los Olmos Lodge
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

I reserved a cabin for 2 nights the renolyds for one night and the hill cabin for the second the first night the cabin floor was so dirty you had to keep socks on the king size bed was actually two twins pushed together which sucked cause my yougest daughter got scared she got in bed with me and my husband so I got to sleep in a crack all night. She also asked my husband to cone smoke piota with her which she must have smoked to much because she rented out the hill cabin I booked for the second night. The pool was full of moss and the whirlpool was gone filled with concrete. The lodge was so unclean I could not go in. The community kithen was a sink that was extremely filthy no stove to cook on and to fridges that shoul be condimed. Had to drive to reserve nm to find a place to stay for secind night cause evrery thing was booked in glenwood. And she charged my credit card for both nights after she told me she gad nit charged it but for the one night. Total nightmare to say the least. Also the ground where dirty and the ponds for fishing are so over run with over growth you can mot walk around them. I was also bit by somthing in my room my whole hand swolle up

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank byarman
There are newer reviews for Los Olmos Lodge

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Me and the wife had a great stay, we did not want to leave our dogs home and they said to bring them as long as they behaved. The 4 of us loved walking around the ponds and the 1st night they had karaoke at the lodge. The second night there was a big party at the park so our quiet getaway was a little louder than we expected but we had a great time. The catwalk was closed but the Mogollon ghost town was very neat, only opens on the weekends in the summer. The only negative was no air conditioning, there was a ceiling fan but would recommend a small fan by the window. The owner Jeff was very informative as was anyone that we talked too.

Room Tip: They were all booked so they gave us a handicap room and the bathroom was large.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Benny F
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My wife and I booked a room for our motorcycle ride on the Coranado Highway. We new we'd arrive late, but new the local restraunt would be open till 8:00 PM. Yes, we got there at 7:30 PM..but forgot about the time change...everything was closed and we were hungry. After checking-in, the owners called a few places to see if we could get a Pizza or something...no luck.
So they had just finshed a Bar-B-Q and had a couple of Elk Burgers that they fixed up for us with a bag of Potato Chips. What great service..we had the wine. Wine and Elk Burgers in a great cabin in a great location..PERFECT!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rockersbmw
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here with my family and had a great time. The rooms were great, we slept well and had plenty of room. The property is an excellent place to relax; it has direct access to Glenwood Ponds and at least 2 private ponds on the property. It's also right up the road from the Catwalk, but unfortunately it was closed when we visited. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 6 bed room and it was very comfortable with a mini fridge and shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We recently stayed here for a wedding.We rented a small cabin for my husband and I, and a larger one to accomadate all the teens who were there for the wedding. The property manager took us on a tour of the property when she met us. It was beautiful even on a cold day in winter. There were 3 ponds, fishing gear, a community kitchen (not the cleanest, but convenient), open space for bon fires, lovely pool, fields, mountain views and plenty of open space. They are also currently renovating the lodge. The cabins were clean. The beds weren't the most comfortable, but they weren't the worst I have stayed in. It was rustic, and I don't mean in a bad way. If you are looking for luxury cabins; this is not the place for you to stay. The town of Glenwood itself is a beautiful, quaint little community and the nearby Catwalk is truly a little known New Mexico treasure, but it may be closed due to the wildfires last summer. You need to check first. We plan on going in the summer when the property should be truly spectacular. Fun summer vacation spot for the family...check out the Mogollon ghost town nearby, too. The owner, Jim, was very nice and friendly and the property manager, Dion was generous with her time, and very accomadating.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with Los Olmos ("The Elms") - it has been recently remodeled, and the cabins have laminate wood floors, knotty pine ceilings with a new fan, new windows all around, slate tile on floor of bathrooms and cleanly repainted. We were not expecting the king-size bed, and we slept well. The stone cabins turned out to be wonderfully insulated, we didn't even fire up the heater in the cabin. The 14 cabins do not include phone or TV, but that is not a bad thing - actually, we used the big screen TV in the Lodge to watch our football games. The Wi-Fi works when close to the office, as in the Lodge area, but not as far away as the rooms. Beautiful area. Easy walk to the Blue Front Bar and Cafe for dinner, and a short drive to the Alma Grill for great breakfast and lunch. My wife got up at 6:30 am, opened our front door and surprised two large healthy does walking among the cabins. Cool. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Different beds in different cabins: Cabin 8 and 14 have king-size. They will let you know.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mablack

Been to Los Olmos Lodge? Share your experiences!