The family running the area is very nice, and the park itself is rather clean. The locale is gorgeous, and there is very little traffic, so the quiet is wonderful.
That said, there are issues of concern that must be addressed in order to warrant a higher rating. We are experienced campers, and both agree that the time we spent deserves better.
1. Most importantly: toilet and shower facilities are in a terrific state of disarray. The toilet did not flush adequately. There is either a break in the septic line, or a clog. We had to plunge the toilet multiple times in order to get someone else's "contributions" to go away... And then their TP still didn't flush. The shower was not clean, and didn't appear to have been in some time. We opted to wash privately in our tent for peace of mind.
2. While the site we had was pretty, it was very cramped, and behind all of the various u-haul vehicles and trailers they have. It was a storage type area, but a tad junky as it is out of general view.
3. We understand that a camping park is a business and things have to be done, however the owner's son was hitching up trailers and someone else was performing lawn care at about 8:30 in the morning right next to us. It's a good thing we were already awake, or they'd have woken us right up.
4. Trash detail is a problem there. We are very mindful of "pack out your trash" wherever we go, but it was extremely challenging with no trash cans where we were. Also, they do gave laundry facilities, but they are not located where we were, and were $2 per load to wash, and $2 to dry. It's too expensive.
5. The electric connections at the site worked, but were outdated and not in good condition. The water connection was constructed if cheaper plastic elements, and had significant wear.
Basically, the problems greatly outweighed the good things. We will not be returning. We have fallen in love with Mora and it's surrounding areas, but Sierra Bonita will not be our go-to place, unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sierra Bonita Cabins are basic and rustic. Size of cabins ranges from one cabin that sleeps ten to a cabin that sleeps two. Three cabins have full kitchens; two have a cook-top, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, and microwave. Three cabins have king-size beds, the others have queen-size beds. Dishes, pots and pans, silverware, linens, and towels are provided. The cabins are open year round. The RV Park has ten hookups, fire pits, and a free dump station. Water, showers, and restrooms are open May to October. A closed pavilion with a full kitchen is available for rental during those months by RV groups, retreats, family reunions, clubs, weddings, and workshops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sierra Bonita Cabins & RV Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.