“Great place to stay!!”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
Texas, United States
“Great place to stay!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I went to Hobbs to visit my brother and I stayed at the Lea County Inn for two nights. It was a wonderful stay...the rooms were clean and well priced. Service was amazing...everyone was so friendly. When I checked out I forgot my iPod plugged into the charger in the room. Realized it when I was already two hours away. I called the hotel and it had been turned in!! Wow!! They took my information and mailed it to me very quickly!! I can't say that other hotels would have done that. I appreciate their honesty!! I will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JoAnna A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Lea County Inn in Hobbs NM and they motel was comparable to or better than many name brand hotels such as Hampton, Holiday Inn, and Marriott Products. Everything room the room to the pool/spa, business center, staff, and PRICE was amazing. They are truly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank John S
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This was a good basic place to sleep with nothing special, but certainly nothing taking away from the experience.

While the wireless internet signal was too weak to be usable, the room did have an ethernet connection, so I was able to access the net for work and get my e-mail. The wired connection was solid and fast. So long as you bring a cable, you are still in business.

The room was simple but it did have the standard small hotel room refrigerator and a microwave oven. Hot water was plentiful.

Breakfast was cold foods: doughnuts, cereal, yogurt and fruit. It was nice that the bananas were a range of ripeness, which means everyone could be happy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank John P
Hitesh B, Manager at Lea County Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
We have had an updated in our internet services throughout the hotel so full signal is in every room. Also we have separate wireless router that any guest may take to their room if there are any issues with the wireless network that is currently up.
Scottsdale
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Neat, clean, well-maintained. Good value for the dollar. Nice size room, good wi-fi, and a nice (mostly carbs) continental breakfast with the added touch of good fruit. Many places no longer include fresh apples, oranges, bananas with continental.
In-room fridge, micro, and a couple of complimentary bottles of water.
If you still can't decide, stay here for the towels. Large, soft, fluffy, 100% cotton towels.

This place did not show up on my Garmin gps, but I knew from the address that it was near the Hampton Inn on highway 18. The one downside is there is not much in the way of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank BJDealer
Austin, TX
Reviewed 17 June 2009

After reading the reviews for hotels in Carlsbad, NM, I decided I would rather stay in Hobbs and drive to the caverns in the morning. I was very pleased with this hotel. The rooms were very nice and clean. Great amenities with a microwave, fridge, pool, free breakfast, etc. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank claydn
Camas
Reviewed 6 April 2009

I went to Hobbs to visit a friend. I felt safe in this hotel as a single female. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank gc12u
Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My sister and I recently stayed at the Lea County Inn. We really liked the proximity to my other sister's house, and to local stuff. Although I admit nothing in Hobbs is very far apart! The Hotel is right across the street from the Hospital, and the Casino. I've been traveling to Hobbs for the last 20 years to visit with my sister and her family, but have never stayed in a hotel in town. I was really impressed at the cleanliness and the excellent customer service! The young lady and gentleman that checked us in were exceptional with their customer service! I would highly recommend this hotel over the "corporate hotels". If you are staying in Hobbs or Lovington, this is the hotel for you!

• Liked — great customer service, friendly attitude, cleanliness
  • Disliked — The buffet choices were not very substancial for Sunday travelers
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family