“Friendly Staff, Acceptable lodging”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hobbs
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Hobbs
West Texas
“Friendly Staff, Acceptable lodging”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton in Hobbs, this isn't it. But what you will find is an engaged staff and clean and accommodating rooms. I was overjoyed by the customer service at the front desk, the man was friendly and efficient. The property is very clean, smells good and has good well lit parking. The fitness room was good and those in the pool appeared to enjoy it. Breakfast was great. The breakfast attendant was so very helpful to get me heading out to work. The feedback I gave to management regarding the internet speed and a need of a little repair in my bathroom was responded to within 24 hours after my feedback. Wow! This one is good if you are working in the area. Very business traveler friendly but the families in the property seemed to be having a good time also.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor and was not disturbed by noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank rdonthego
CountryInnHobbsNM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hobbs, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear rdonthego,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your thoughtsand comments. We know you have lodging choices and we appreciate that you chose us!!
I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of our Team Members.
On behalf of all of us here at the Country Inn & Suites, we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the Hobbs area. Safe Travels and Have Great Day!!
Jon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Clovis, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I went to Hobbs, NM for a conference and was there for 3 days. Hotel was awesome, very clean, great rooms, very comfortable beds and pillows. Bathroom was very roomy, room had everything I needed and even had two very important conference calls from my room. The breakfast was plenty. What I like about this hotel was right across the street from the convention center I was able to walk to my conference...and for the price I would strongly recommend you stay at this hotel. Hotel staff were very professional, awesome indoor pool, fitness room and hot tub.

Room Tip: I was in the third floor and it was quiet, however I prefer 1st floor rooms..
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raymond M
CountryInnHobbsNM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hobbs, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Ray,
Thank You for staying with us. We know you have lodging choices and we appreciate that you chose us!! I will be sure to pass on your comments to our Team Members.
On behalf of all of us here, we Look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the Hobbs area. Have a Great Day!!
Auburn, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed here from Aug-Dec for work. The staff was very friendly. They made my stay very comfortable while staying in the area for about 3 months. The hotel is clean, and I never had a complaint. The breakfast was probably one of the best hotel breakfast I've had at a hotel. When I left they were finishing a remodel. I stayed in a suite, and it was very comfortable. If I am ever in the area again I would stay again. Thanks for making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 12thumper34
CountryInnHobbsNM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hobbs, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your extended stay with us. We appreciate your business and I will be sure to share your comments with Our Team Members.
We know you have lodging choices and we appreciate that you chose us..Once again, Thank You and Have a Great Day!!
Tulsa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

this is a fairly new hotel built in the oil boom economy of hobbs. rooms very nice and well furnished. rates reflect the demand for housing in the area. freakfast was good and ample selctions. you need to be aware that if you stay in rooms 107,108 or 109 you are next to the pool area and kitchen prep room and will have noise starting at 5 a.m. otherwise, a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leslie R
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, Thank You for the input on Our Ground Floor rooms near the pool and breakfast pantry. We are looking at ways to make the area more quiet.
We look forward to your next stay.Once again, Thank You and Have a Great Day!!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

When looking for accommodations that we could stop over at when visiting Carlsbad Caverns, we noticed that many of the hotels in the city of Carlsbad, NM were poorly rated - we opted to stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Hobbs instead.

The hotel is very clean and comfortable, and the staff is remarkably friendly and welcoming - we felt right at home upon entering the lobby! After a long day in the car, it was a treat to find a well-maintained and sparkling clean spa and pool to relax in, and the fresh baked cookies before bed were a real treat. The breakfast was good, with lots of variety, and the breakfast room attendant saw to our every need. The rates were one of the most affordable in Hobbs, and of a great value!

Thanks to this wonderful experience, we will always look to stay a Country Inns and Suites moving forwards. Thank you for an excellent and relaxing night after a long day in the car!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LollerCoaster
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay when you are in the Hobbs NM area.Once again, Thank You and Have a Great Day!!
Newberg, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I was at this hotel for 1-week and during that time I found the staff to be very friendly, the breakfast to be excellent and the room to be large and comfortable. There are many things in the near vicinity to choose from for your families pleasure so I felt the hotel was well located. I rode my motorcycle there and the Manager was very accommodating to allow my needs for security of my Harley!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Russ F
CountryInnHobbsNM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Hobbs, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Russ,
On behalf of all of our Team Members, I Thank You for your input. We know that you have lodging choices and we appreciate that you chose us, Our goal is to meet and exceed our Guest's expectations and to provide our Guests with a " Home Away from Home" atmosphere. We want to insure that our Guests are treated as Family. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Our Team. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to our Area!!
Best Regards,
Royse City, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were not planning to need a place to stay but after a long day of travel made longer by car trouble, we were happy to find the Country Inn & Suites in Hobbs. We booked our reservation through Hotels.com about 30 minutes prior to our arrival. When we arrived, we were greeted promptly by the front desk clerk. Unfortunately our reservation was not in the system. He tried to find it multiple ways and finally had to call Hotels.com to verify. They assured him it was there but it just wasn't appearing. We were exhausted and just wanted to get to bed. After he got off the phone it suddenly appeared so I would have to assume there was a glitch from the website we booked from. He was very apologetic and sincerely tried to get our needs met. Once we got checked in and into our room we were able to get comfortable and had a very restful night's sleep. The room was very spacious and clean. It had a nice modern decor and we were quite pleased with the accommodations. The next morning we had breakfast which was included in our rate. There was plenty to choose from to include waffles, eggs, ham, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, a variety of breads, fruits, and cold cereals. We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the our Country Inn&Suites here in Hobbs. It is great to know that our Team members made sure that you were assisted with your reservation issue and that it was corrected to your satisfaction. . We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.
Best Regards,