“Great Jemez Mountain experience in cozy, funky setting”
Review of Jemez Mountain Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Jemez Mountain Inn
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and 3 kids pulled up here on a Friday afternoon without reservations and we had no trouble getting a room. The owners are super friendly and clearly went out of their way to make us feel welcome. There is so much to do in the area and this hotel is in a perfect location.
We had the angler room with 2 twin beds and a separate room with a queen. It was plenty of room for us.
I also liked that the towels were very plush. Overall, the feel is very homey. I think we will be coming back and staying longer next time!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 28 July 2013

This is not your standard fair travel accomodation. The hummingbirds fighting for the food at the feeder outside our room provided delightful entertainment. Our room was clean and interestingly decorated. The towells were good, and the hosts most helpful. Let us say that the inn has character. I liked that they had glasses cooling in the refrigerator for our cold drinks. We brought our own coffee and were grateful that they supplied a coffee maker. It's close to every restaurant in town so that made eating out easy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Disappointed after reading so many great reviews of this place, although there aren't many choices in Jemez Springs. The room was OK. The good things included a small refrigerator and two double beds. The bad was plumbing problems- sink and toilet both clogged, only Folgers coffee for the small provided pot, and a large price tag for a just OK room with no air conditioning. You had to take one step up into our bathroom, and it was very small. Internet reception in our room was non-existent. Our room wasn't made up after the first night, and the owner finally stopped by at 5:15 p.m. to ask if we needed anything. Before that, we had never seen anyone to check in with or check out with. No receipt was given. Hot tub was broken.

Room Tip: Good luck finding a good room. We stayed in the "garden" level, which was probably the co...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the secret garden room for 2 nights. This place is so peaceful and the room is spacious and comfortable. It also had a kitchen which is a bonus.

The giggling springs is just next door.

We had a lovely time here. Thank you Luanna & Paul for your hospitality. We definately recommend this place to everyone pass through jemez mountain/ springs.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Great, cozy inn. This has been a special place for me and my wife to get away and unwind. Paul and Luanna make each trip special with their open door and concern for our comfort. We make it a point to go back each season and enjoy the slow pace of Jemez Springs and the coziness of the Jemez Mountain Inn.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trent H
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My fiance and I spent one night at the Jemez Mountain Inn in August 2011 with another couple for my birthday weekend. I love Jemez. It's so beautiful and not very far away. It's like being transported to an entire new world in an hour and a half. The Inn is very conveniently located right in the heart of Jemez and directly on the side of Giggling Springs. The courtyard is very pleasant, and you will be greeted by the adorable kitty cat that resides there. There is a sweet "river" flowing through the courtyard which is almost fairytale-like. We stayed in the Baca room (my last name is Baca, it just didn't feel right to choose something else) and were very pleased. We had a late arrival, so the key was left for us on the front porch. Our room was large with a small dining table, two single beds and a queen/king bed in the bedroom. The room was very clean and had amenities (coffee, tea, sugar) located above the fridge. The decor was charming, very southwestern-cowboy style. We had dinner across the street at Los Ojos, which I'd highly recommend. When we came back, there were raccoons running through the courtyard. I'm sure locals think they're annoying, but we just raved about how adorable they were. There were no other guests staying on property that night, so the owners let us utilize the hot tub later than usual. We slept great that night, the beds were perfect. We woke up fairly early in the morning to take a morning hike. The abundance of hummingbirds drawn in by the many bird feeders is awe-inspiring on a fresh morning. Upon our return, the boys went to the front desk to ask for a WiFi password. Yippee! Free WiFi was much appreciated as our phones were getting absolutely zero signal. If you'd like to make a call, you have to stand near the street. That's where we got the best signal. Check out was easy and friendly; I was wished a Happy Birthday. If I had to say there was a downside, it would be that it is a little pricey. I've stayed in ritzier places for the same amount of money. We were the only guests, so it did feel as if we had the whole place to ourselves. Other than the price, it is a very kitschy and quaint Inn. We were sad to leave and can't wait to retreat back to Jemez soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sonya B
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed 1 night w/my 7 yr old & hubbie. They both raved about it -my little one even made the bed in the morning bc she liked it so much!! Owners were great!! We're locals, wanted to splurge on a nice place for a night before Run the Caldera Marathon-worked like a charm & slept like a baby.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank rosadomaher

Been to Jemez Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!