“Stunning desert colors on a peaceful day trip”
Review of Jemez Mountains

Grapevine, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stunning desert colors on a peaceful day trip”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My daughter and I recently drove along Route 4 through the Jemez Springs area. We stopped at the Pueblo's friendly and helpful Walatowa Visitor's Center, visited the impressive Soda Dam and did a bit of hiking from there, were awed by the colors of the mountains and sipped excellent cappuccino at Highway 4 Coffee (good food, friendly but slow service). An altogether excellent day!

Waterville, Minnesota
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very pretty”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We drove up through the Jemez mts. Very pretty, I love all the colors of rock. We stopped at the springs and took some pictures. Great background.

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Worth the climb!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Jemez hot springs are on maps but there is no sign to announce your arrival at this quiet trail across the river and up into the rocky pools in this dense pine forest. From the small parking lot off Highway 4 we hiked up a fairly easy incline to two quiet warm thermal pools overlooking the mountains. We idled in the sun splashed water then headed to the town pub, Los Ojos, for beer, burritos, and enchiladas on the outdoor patio.

Visited August 2014
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“unbelievable scenery”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The fishing was good at the fish hatchery and
Fenton Lake was pristine and quiet. You could kayak there.

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Las Conchas!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was probably the best hike I took all over the southwest. It depends what you want in a hike, but it suit all my needs. First, I was alone and so--while I didn't want to be seeing other people all the time--I did want other people on the trail (just in case). I passed one or two small groups, but for the most part I was alone. The hike was just over 3 miles roundtrip and was not strenuous or technical (also what I like); personally a great hike for me is a long walk in the woods with great scenery (I want to be able to look around, not at my feet all the time). This was a walk along a stream with mountains and meadows all around. Phenomenal.