“Beautiful Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
Albuquerque
“Beautiful Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is probably one of New Mexico's greatest secrets. A beautiful B&B located amidst Jemez Springs canyons, river and mountains. We enjoyed meeting and chatting with the owners and other guests. I feel we've made friends for life. We had a delicious breakfast, enjoyed a swim in the pool while looking up at the surrounding mountain canyons, read books and just sat, quietly and peacefully watching the crazy hummingbirds. Thank you for such a great escape! We look forward to returning soon!

2 Thank Christine F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I are the proud, exhausted parents of a beautiful 3-year old little girl. We hadn't enjoyed a weekend away together since her birth, so we had high expectations for Canon del Rio and Jemez Springs. It did not disappoint! Because we made a late reservation, we stayed in two different rooms over the weekend. Both were simple and lovely, with very comfortable beds. They opened onto the central courtyard with a water feature and jacuzzi tub. We slept through our first 9am breakfast call, but our hostess saved plates of delicious quiche, pancakes and compote, bacon and more. We spent the day hiking in the Jemez Mountains, then returned for a wonderful couples massage in the early evening. The therapists were outstanding! Afterwards, we enjoyed the sauna, lounged by the pool outdoors, and strolled through the gardens until dinner time. (Unfortunately, dining options are slim pickings in Jemez Springs. We were referred to great sandwiches at a grocery store near Jemez Pueblo, but it lacked a little in the way of ambience.) Sunday morning was breakfast and a foot massage back at the spa--a real treat--more strolling the grounds, and streamside peace before checkout and more Jemez Mountain adventuring. All in all, it was a priceless weekend at great value in a lovely place with good people. We can't wait to get back!

3 Thank Silas P
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We live close a little over a half-hour away. But as soon as you get to Canon del Rio, you are world's away and can relax. Beautiful property, great owners, well run and fantastic breakfasts. My husband and I can't wait until we can return. I recommend it highly!

1 Thank Karin Z
Weston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had a llovely room that looked out on the courtyard and ate an excellent breakfast. I enjoyed the refreshing combination of outdoor pool and hot tub. I very much enjoyed chatting with the hosts, I loved the hummingbird feeder

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marc L
Rio Rancho NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a beautiful inn, in one of the worlds most beautiful canyons. Great well Southwest adorned rooms, very quiet, no tv's in rooms, spa and pool, hiking, beautiful grounds, but best of all great gourmet breakfast. I told them I didn't eat egg yolks, and they went out of their way to accommodate my diet concerns with the best egg white omelettes I have ever had. We go to NM quite a bit as we used to live there. We are going to make this an annual stay, but for 2 or more nights rather than one. The owners are wonderful as is the staff.

Room Tip: Very small inn, all rooms nice. We stayed in the Towa room which is on the end.
1 Thank winlvr
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I wanted a weekend get-a-way without going the extra miles. This place makes you feel like your a million miles away without traveling the distance. The hospitality was great and I felt so comfortable like I was in my home.

Breakfast ready for you when you wake up is pretty amazing too.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Navajo Great for solo or couples
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bekstep
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Took the family for a few days and had a wonderful time! We all got massages and enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub. The breakfast is beyond wonderul and I have never been dissapointed by any of the amenities at Canon del Rio.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ABQALEX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jemez Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos

Been to Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!