“Very relaxing weekend in the mountains”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jemez Springs
Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa
Albuquerque
“Very relaxing weekend in the mountains”
Reviewed 21 February 2010

Cute B&B on the river with hot tub and day spa on site. Breakfast was excellent and the massages were great.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
NM
Reviewed 23 January 2010

I highly recommend Canon del Rio. My husband and I spent the day skiing at the nearby Valles Caldera, then relaxed by the fire at Canon del Rio, enjoyed the hot tub, the wonderful breakfast and a massage.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 17 January 2010

My boyfriend and I came to this B&B just after Christmas to do some cross-country skiing in the area. I was very impressed by the artistic touches in our room and sensed that the owners put a lot of care and thought into their establishment. They were friendly and gave us good information about the area the next morning. One of the best parts was breakfast -- it was truly excellent! The owner who cooked for us explained that she had some training and experience, and it was evident to me. Even though I am on a low carb diet, I still had plenty to eat. We had a lovely visit with other travelers at breakfast and just had a great overnight stay. The only downsides were that the bed was firmer than ours at home and that the radiant heat didn't seem to go down to the desired temperature. I needed to open a window in the bath to get the room to cool down. Overall, I just felt this B&B was very comfortable - I felt very at home and plan to come back.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
santa fe
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I spent my birthday at Canon del Rio and had a magical time. John and Tracy were very friendly and accommodating. My room was fantastic and the hot tub was lovely.
I'm going back as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
new york
Reviewed 1 November 2009

The peacefulness of the area was expressed beautifully by the inviting professional staff as soon as I entered the entrance. I particularly appreciated the owners hospitality that was filled with warmth and pride. I usually carry a can of Lysol with me when traveling but I must say this B and B was fresh and spotless. I felt that I was the first one to enter the rooms. As a designer myself, I very much appreciated the flavor and colors used that reflect the contemporary Native American motif. The art work, pottery and books scattered throughout are wonderful . They truly set the tone.
I so loved the new spa and was able to book the best massage and facial that I have ever had. Tracy was most accomodating and understood my special needs during the session. Would have loved to use the pool- wrong season.
Regarding the breakfast- It was to die for. Very healthy, yet i couldn't help but go off my diet when it came to the blueberry pancakes and curried hash browns. Nice mix of guests while I was there.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Our only regret was that we didn't book 2 nights. The bed & breakfast is rather rustic, with fairly small rooms, but the main building is lovely and the grounds very serene. There is a big screen TV in the sitting room and many DVD's to watch if you want to. When we were shown around the grounds at check in, we were told to help ourselves to any food and drinks that were in the fridge. One caution however, there are very few restaurants nearby, and all but one was closed on a Monday evening. Others have commented on the complimentary breakfast, and frankly, I thought that that shouldn't be a selling point...but it is. Blue corn pancakes, egg souffle, fresh juice, potatoes, etc. The guests were all friendly and we spent a great breakfast talking about everyone's recent trips. The hosts were full of information and there is plenty to do nearby if you like viewing scenery, hiking or visiting the ruins in the federal parks nearby. Although the pool was closed for the season, the hot tub was very hot and the sound of the outdoor fire pit next to the tub was crackling. All in all, a great stay and someplace we hope to return to in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 22 September 2009

Our room was tiny, with no place to put luggage or much of anything else. The main attractions seemed to be the pool and hot tub, but for a couple of fat middle aged guys these didn't seem so alluring. Something sad and forlorn hung about the whole place, like they were about to go bankrupt. At about $150 a night, way over priced.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Xzcycyk

Been to Canon del Rio Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!