“First Rate - I'll Be Back!”
Review of Hotel Mesilla

Hotel Mesilla
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The value is without equal in the area! I've been participating in the Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon each year for the past 8 years. Until this year, I've been staying in chain hotels located just off the interstate. I LOVE Mesilla - its restaurants, bars, shops, Churches - all of it! Last year, I ate my pre-race meal in Meson De Mesilla's restaurant. Upon entry, I discovered that this place is more than just a restaurant - it's a boutique hotel. Upon entering, I quickly noticed that the Hotel had charm that I knew my wife would appreciate. Accordingly, when she decided to join me for this year's Bataan event, I decided to give this Hotel a test drive. I'm glad I did!! The grounds are superb! We checked-in after midnight and found the staff friendly and accommodating throughout our 4-day stay! Our room was perfect - VERY clean, comfortable and well-appointed. Our 2nd-floor room opened to a balcony that circumnavigated the entire building. The balcony gave way to some singularly spectacular views of the Organ Mountains and surrounding area! The balcony also had a romantic sitting area with nice, comfortable, over-sized outdoor furniture - perfect for a nap, morning coffee or an evening drink. The Hotel also has a first rate full-service bar - a "sports bar" of sorts, with anything you'd like (to include live music.) We ate in the restaurant again this year and, again, it didn't disappoint. The menu is outstanding and Lindsey was an equally outstanding server! This Hotel could be a 1-stop-shop. Its convenient access to downtown Historic Mesilla allows you to keep your car parked with easy walking access to the plaza. I'll be returning for the 26th Annual Bataan Death March Memorial Marathon next March and will be staying here again. This place is perfect. Period!

Room Tip: Get a 2nd story room - one with balcony access.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank JAH1986

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I can't give an entire review of this hotel because I could not stay there. In short, I purchased a voucher through Living Social for 2 nights stay. I have driven by this hotel many times and thought it would be a nice New Years getaway for my husband and me. Well, as fate would have it, my husband fell and broke his hip. He had surgery and is presently in a rehab facility preparing to come home soon. Our LS voucher was going to expire before he got out of hospital so I call Meson de Mesilla, explained the situation and asked the favor of an extension for perhaps a month. Even using a walker, I thought my husband and I would enjoy the getaway. The girl who answered the phone was friendly but, of course, had to ask management. She called me back a few hours later with their answer which was NO. I was hurt and told her I thought that was a sad reaction, but I have no recourse. They already have what I paid for the voucher and there is no refund. That's okay; perhaps they can use that money to purchase some compassion!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
142  Thank MelodyMook
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We booked a room here due to a Company Christmas being held right down the street and not wanting to drive all the way back to El Paso afterwards.The room was super clean and very spacious.The hot tub was large enough for one person to soak in comfortably and the staff here were really friendly.The pool here is outside and would be very relaxing in the summer.They also have a roof top party area which would be a great place to watch a sunset while enjoying a cold beverage.The tv was definitely too small and the other issue was with the landscape crew who showed up at 8am with some extremely noisy leaf blowers that were impossible to ignore.Some small improvements here could make this property a real jewel in Mesilla.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank crazyiniraq
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband and I attended a professional event here so we decided to make it easy and stay the night here too. The room was small but nice, but the tv was way too small and the remote didn't work. Only one electrical outlet in the room worked. When we checked in they mentioned that the armoire in our room would have 2 bathrobes in it, but it did not. We didn't complain because we weren't interested in using bathrobes anyway. But, after we checked out the owner called and left us a nasty message, insinuating that we stole the robes!!!! We called her back to hopefully clear things up but she insisted that we stole the nonexistent bathrobes!!! She was very rude and would not listen to us. When we got home, we checked our credit card and sure enough, she charged us for the bathrobes! Now, we have to go through the process of disputing the charges with our credit card company! Unbelievable!! Needless to say, we will never be back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
132  Thank Elaine L
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Fourteen rooms were booked by family and friends for a recent wedding. The pool area was a real draw and all the rooms are charming. Several rooms lacked space for hanging clothes, but the decor, balconies and grounds were excellent. This is an ideal site for exploring the history, shops and plaza of Mesilla and a great jumping off place for many nearby attractions. The hotel desk staff was great, rooms were exceptionally clean and many places for coffee and meals are nearby. When guests check in prior to the 4:00 opening of the bar/food service; however, there is no coffee available which would be a welcome addition to the small lobby. Luggage racks and the addition of armoires for clothes would be welcome. All guests felt positive about their stay.

Room Tip: You have a choice of a jacuzzi tub or a shower--not both--be sure and specify what you want.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank keasterling2002
Reviewed 21 August 2013

They overbooked my room. Reservations were made a month prior. I was called a week prior and informed of the overbooking.. 3 other parties had to cancel due to their overbooking. It was to be a retirement celebtation. Don't stay here they have no class.

• Stayed: August 2013
50  Thank mhanson2
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This property was recently redone with the help of Gordon Ramsey. It has a nice location only a few blocks from Old Mesilla. The linens are are new, the outdoor pool has fun decor. None of the rooms have closets, but they do have armoire (no place for luggage). There were bathrobes but only two additional hangers. The free wi-fi appears was slow and did not reach into the two unit cassita. Attractive bedside hanging lamps were controlled at the door so require getting out of bed to control.
For a better stay and better value, try Hotel Encantado.

Room Tip: All rooms except the casitas are on the second floor - there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business