“Good wood-fired pizza and salad”

Zeffiro's Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #5 of 380 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Pizza
LAS CRUCES
“Good wood-fired pizza and salad”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We like this place. It participates in the "food for theater" program, so we get 10% off our dinner meal when presenting a local theater ticket (used--as it is often collected, but sometimes not, so one can use it more than once). We like the fennel sausage pizza, the Mediterranean pizza, and the one listed below it (that has prosciutto). A small pizza and two side salads are enough for the two of us, because they bring a basket of nice fresh baked bread (which is different at different times, depending on what they have baked that day). Along with the bread, they bring minced garlic on a plate and there is olive oil for mixing with it. But if you prefer, they will bring butter. There is seating inside or on the covered area around the outside. There are also a few tables totally outside, but it is usually too sunny there in the evenings to eat there. The service is very fast. Sometimes the pizza comes before we have finished our salads. The women's restroom is clean. There is parking on the street or in their small lot (next to the restaurant). But there is also parking behind the Rio Grande Theater in a city lot, which is just next to Zeffiro's lot.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ANNIE S

Braselton, Georgia
“im in love”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Everywhere you go there are Italian restaurants, but for those of us, I am a travel agent, rarely does one meet the criteria. If you blink when you are driving down the street you would miss this location as there is nothing that makes it stand out from the street. It is a small converted back of a building but the food will take you back to your favorite Tratatoria in Italy. They have a real French Pavailler stone hearth oven and their fresh baked breads are to die for. Their pizzas are good but the specialties would be the pastas. every type has an unique flavor, texture and character. We had four clients there for a business lunch and our selections 1). grilled Asparagus & Prosciutto Ham on Ciabatta bread 2).Zeffiro Pesto (pie) W/ Pecorino Romano cheese,black olives and fresh grape tomatoes, 3). Pesto Fusilli w/ basil and wood fired chicken,and 4).a lemon/Asparagus pizza were all excellent and more than a single person could or should eat. Eat, enjoy and take some fresh bread with you when you leave.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dan K
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good Italian Food”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently went to Zeffiro's for dinner. Having moved to Las Cruces from New England, I find that the most exceptional restaurants in town serve Mexican food. Nevertheless, Zeffiro's offers better than average Italian food. Their fresh bread and pasta are truly exceptional. Other than this, their food is above average but not exceptional. I've not tried Zeffiro's gourmet pizzas yet, so I'm not able to comment on their quality--although I look forward to doing so in the future. My wife and I plan to return.

Visited July 2013
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Fresh and fabulous”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Excellent pizza made in classic fashion - old standards and interesting new ones (lemon asparagus, for instance). Fresh salads and raspberry tea I can also vouch for, as well as a decent dessert selection.

Visited May 2013
“Worth the trip off I-10!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were passing through Las Cruces at dinner time. Of course, being addicted to tripadvisor..we turned here to find our dinner spot! While the pizza was very good (if you have had woodfire cooked pizza, it will taste just like the others), BUT the pasta was exceptional, you must order it! We will stop again if we are passing through Las Cruces, well worth the short drive off I-10!

• Visited July 2013