“Enjoyed our dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
No. California
“Enjoyed our dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Asian restaurants are few and far between in Las Cruces so this was a treat. Did not have the sushi rolls this time but will do so next visit. We both had the bento box dinners which came with miso soup and a small salad. The dinner itself was big with a main choice, California rolls, shrimp and vegetable tempura, stir fried vegetables and potstickers and rice. All was tasty and good service included. Price reasonable . Will go again.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank sierranocalifornia

“Spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

I love tokyo sushi There tempura teriaki chicken n everything else is awsome ...couldn't ask,for,any other sushi restaurant specially Mr kim is the best sushi man in town very outgoing n very goood at making presentable sushi plates ,n There service is so on it no attitude no disrespectful ness n by the way beutifful girls most defenetlly woul go back n people dont judge by the first meal try it all maybe the dinner or luch u chose wasnt for u...my support tokyo sushi

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Worst Japanese food I've ever eaten.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I did not try Sushi. The vegetable fried rice consisted of rice mixed with frozen mixed veggies that had been warmed on a greasy grill. Told waitress and "chef" who said "Oh yes, Japanese fried rice always use frozen veggies." When I sent it back I ordered the Spicy Ramen Noodles with chicken. The ramen noodles were tough and the chicken came as 5 small cubes of low quality chicken. By then, I had lost my appetite. The miso soup was good, but the beef potstickers were deep fried and greasy, and their idea of a salad is lettuce drenched in watered down Thousand Island dressing with a few carrot straws on top. This terrible meal cost me $17! Needless to say, if I'm in the mood for good Japanese food in Las Cruces I will stick to Aqua Reef.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ParticularPal
Las Cruces, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'm addicted to their food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I am finding myself calling in carry-out orders. Their chicken teriyaki is first rate, I love it. Their fried rice dishes are great, too. Suprisingly, you order friend rice with chicken in it and you have an awesome meal in and of itself. The veggies they mix in are perfect, not over cooked. My one disappointment was the sushi. It was just so-so, like everybody else's in town. Oh, sure, they have a few that other places don't offer but nothing to get excited about and that's what had drawn me to the place in the first place. With a name like Tokyo Sushi, I expected superior sushi. The staff is good, too. Two out of the three (3) young ladies that have waited on me were first rate, the 3rd was just average. Felt it was a good value for the money. Wish they had outdoor seating but not many places around here offer that option and it's not a scenic location.

Las Cruces NM USA
“Delightful dining experience @ Tokyo Sushi.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

We celebrated my daughter's birthday at Tokyo Sushi on Saturday evening. It was a delightful experience. All four of us ordered dinners from the menu. The assortment of food was amazing and we were pleased with the quality and taste of all of the items. The sushi was fresh and tasty. My salmon was perfectly cooked. Chicken and seafood on my companions plates was equally well prepared.The tempura items were light and delicious. The little dumplings were especially good. The sampling of Japanese style ice cream was an unexpected taste treat and a great ending to our very happy dining experience.

Our server was pleasant and attentive. We look forward to many return visits to Tokyo Sushi.