“Excellent sushi, especially so far from the sea”
Review of Tokyo Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #217 of 382 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I took my nine year old here for his first sushi experience, which was kind of brave of me, as we're so far from the sea. We had red snapper, salmon, eel and octopus sushi. The eel was his absolute favorite!! and it really was incredibly delicious. I like mine with loads of wasabi; he had his straight. (He despised the salmon sushi, despite salmon being his favorite cooked fish .. weird). I also ordered (forgot what it was called) a plate of tempura fried seafood (crab, shrimp) and tempura fried vegetables, in case he wouldn't eat the sushi. That was also really delicious, but he ate so much of the sushi and we ordered so much food, that I took the leftovers to my 81 year old Dad. He routinely now buys a big cup of spicy ramen for a few of his weekly meals. Very delicious and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Seriously? In Las Cruces? Yes!! Excellent sushi, generous menu options, great service!! Don't let the diner look fool you! This is a wonderful place!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

We had some specialty sushi rolls and seafood fried rice. The sushi was really tasty and the miso was really good. The fried rice, while it tasted good and had lots of scallops, shrimp and "crab", it was too oily. The menu was disappointing in that there weren't many true Japanese options. Most of the menu was more of a Chinese influence. The atmosphere was alright, some ripped booth chairs, but we enjoyed watching the Food Network at the sushi bar. Overall a good experience and we'll be back!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I stopped here recently for a late afternoon lunch. My wife ate fried rice and I had the udon bowl. Excellent flavors and huge portions. Great value for the price. I do not eat sushi, but did notice a steady stream of customers at the sushi bar. I agree with Brother_Kurts review. I, too, am a loyal Mix Pacific Rim fan, but will plan to return to Tokyo Sushi as a pleasant alternative.

1  Thank hiwayyman
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We tried this place right after they opened. The food was fresh and delicious. Good Sushi for sure .The staff was very friendly and the service was very good.

Been to Tokyo Sushi? Share your experiences!