“Clean, neat, quiet”

Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Colorado
“Clean, neat, quiet”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We held a conference here. My room was clean and quiet (no noise from the outside even though we were close to a major road and a couple "happening" restaurants. The front desk staff was friendly.
My complaints, the breakfast left a lot to be desired - scrambled eggs from a box (ugh). The coffee was good though. My other complaint would be that the hotel only had 1 elevator and at different times, there would be a queue. Would either of my complaints keep me from coming back? No, if I have to return to LC, I'd stay at the HIE & Suites, North.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan G
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Susan G,

I am happy that you had your conference here. I heard it was a good conference. You are right the elevator can be a bit slow at times, but there is a staircase at either side of the building if you don't mind stairs. I glad your rooms was clean and quiet. I will be sure to share your comments about breakfast, there are many more protein option for breakfast besides the scrambled eggs. We have just added some new items to our breakfast items such as Greek yogurt and gluten free bagels. I am happy to know that you will be staying here again next time you are here in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I would like to say that the front desk clerk during check-in was slow and inefficient. I would like to say that my room was In disrepair and dated. I would like to say the pool area was dirty and in need of repair. I would like to say that breakfast was sparse. I would like to say this hotel is over priced. If I was to say those things....I would be a liar. This hotel met all of my expectations and then some. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and bacon, pancakes, cereals, fruit, coffee, tea and juice. The pool area was well kept and the pool water was reasonable temperature. The only complaint I have, and I mean the only complaint, is one morning at breakfast the one woman taking care of stocking breakfast items was really busy and couldn't keep up with the demand; I saw two men behind the front desk doing absolutely nothing. I would have thought they could have taken a few minutes to help the breakfast server.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank steveb1953
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear steveb1953

I must say as I started to read you comments, I got a little worried. However, I liked your humor when you said "I would be a liar". Whew! I am happy that we met all your expectations and then some.

I appreciate your comments on the breakfast and will use your comments as a training opportunity. You are right, the two gentlemen behind the desk should have came out and offered a helping hand to the breakfast attendant. At the very least, one of them should have.

Your comments are very much appreciated and taken seriously. We look forward to seeing you again and hope it is in the near future. Until we see each other again, safe travels.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in hotel for a conference at the end of April. The hotel is close to restaurants and has complimentary breakfast and a exercise room that is open 24 hours. The hotel has easy access to interstate 25 and us 70 from here you will be able to go to Las Cruces, NM and downtown Las Cruces.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear fox789:

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am very happy that you found the hotel and its location to be great.

We hope to see you soon again, until then safe travels.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great clean new hotel, quiet, in a great neighborhood with lots of places to eat, get gas and shop. Upper floors are quiet, they are pet friendly for a 10$ fee. Rooms spacious and very clean. Slow elevator. Well lit parking. Breakfast was ok, all the usual amenities and well presented, just set up in 4 different stations, so a lot of running around. On our list of return hotels.

Room Tip: Top floors, east or back side
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear FloridaBC :

We are so ecstatic that we made your list of "return hotels". We try very hard each day to create a hotel that guest love. You are correct, we have designated pet rooms and only charge a $10 pet fee for your pets to stay with you in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Five nights and the linens and towels were changed daily. Staff very friendly and the hotel very clean. A good hot breakfast is served each morning. On the north side of town, not close to old town or university but it was very quiet. Great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Smagsunrise:

Yay!! We are glad you found the hotel to be a great place to stay. Your kind comments are genuinely appreciated and makes the staff and I keep trying to create a hotel the guest love.

We hope to see you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The room suite with a kitchen was great, incredbily large and great use of space. The only downfall was that the entries and kitchen areas of these suites are hardwood flooring (which is quite nice looking) however, if you stay below one of these suites you can literally hear every step that is made on the floor. We had to use the ironing board to bang on the floor above us as their kids were running back and forth against the hardwood. Again, great room but would only suggest this if you stay on the top floor with no one above. Complimentary breakfast was just ok, but free (who can complain). We stopped here on our way to Phoenix. Great restaurants nearby as well. Would stay again.......in a suite on the TOP FLOOR.

Room Tip: If booking a suite, ask for the top floor or no suite above you - the hardwood floors are so loud
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear HeatherDallas

Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad that you found the room to be incredibly large and great use of space.

I apologize that the noise level from the room above you was quite loud and disturbing. Your comments and concerns are taken very seriously. I have shared your concern with our owner and appropriate action will looked into. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to your next stay with us, until then, safe travels.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Seiously--I book Holiday Inn Express hotels for the cinnamon rolls. Our room was ample and clean enough for a germ phobe; cleanliness is my biggest hangup, and this place is well kept. I didn't sleep well because we couldn't figure out how to close the curtains, but I suppose that's user error. We ate breakfast a bit late, but I still got mostly what I wanted for breakfast. Would like more fruit options (ironic from someone who booked for cinnamon rolls, I know), and yogurt was out; breakfast was typical fare. Would book here again with a note to myself on how to close the curtains!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emgailm
Victor D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear emgailm,

Thank you for booking the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Las Cruces North for your stay. We are so glad you love the cinnamon rolls.....they are delicious. I am glad you found the room ample and super clean for a germ-a-phoebe. The curtains can be bit tricky as the hide sometimes behind the decorative curtains. Please ask the front desk for help, next time, we are there for you.

I apologize that you did not find any yogurt when you came down for breakfast, thank you for letting me know. I will be sure to share with the staff and ensure that we keep plenty of yogurt, during the entire breakfast time frame. Your comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to serving you next time you are in Las Cruces.

Hope to see you soon,