“Good if you are looking for a low cost place to stay when traveling”
Review of Motel 6 Las Cruces

Motel 6 Las Cruces
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Las Cruces
Oceanside, California
“Good if you are looking for a low cost place to stay when traveling”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I've stayed at this motel 6 more than 5 times, when I travel to & from Texas to California its my halfway point, I have 2 dogs & they have no fee & are low in cost & if you reserve your room online even more less. You get what you pay for here nothing fancy, there is always truckers & creepy men make sure your vehicle is secure. I only stay over night so its ok to me because i'm just looking for some where to get sleep before continuing my driving the next morning!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orange, CA
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The only thing I can say nice about this place was the staff was friendly. Otherwise it was noisy and dirty. It wasn't so much the five guys that didn't seem to think they could actually sit inside the room, instead of outside on the balcony, it was the fact that the next day after they had left trash and cigarette butts and empty salsa containers all over the balcony, nobody cleaned it up, it was still there a day later.

And what is going on with Motel 6 WiFi. I could not get a consistent connection in 2 different Motel 6's. Starbucks, fine, back home fine, both Motel 6's kept dropping my connection.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank StevenGoneTraveln

Travellers are raving about these Las Cruces hotels

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We checked in at about 8 in the evening, went to our room...pulled back the sheets to find hair all over them. We called the front desk and were moved to another room two doors down. No hair on the sheets but smelled awful and was equally grubby. The Motel 6 guide said this hotel had been "refreshed". If that's "refreshed" I shudder to think what it was like before.

We understand that this is a budget property, but there is no excuse for filth. We stay in Accor Hotels in Europe all the time, have done so for over 25 years. The Accor chain is famous for reasonably priced, basic accommodation. This is one property that should either clean up or be dropped from the Accor family of hotels.

Room Tip: Always insist on seeing the room before you pay. If the management refuses, it is probably a pretty...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nixonreaganbush
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I've stayed at many Motel 6 properties, and I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Rooms were clean, but the best part of all was the service. I checked in late at night (after midnight), and the front desk clerk who assisted me was cheerful, efficient, and helpful. When dropping the room key off in the morning and grabbing a cup of coffee in the lobby, the person on duty - it may have been the manager - thanked me for staying and asked if there was anything I could tell them to help them improve. First time I've been asked such a question at a Motel 6 - and, come to think of it, at most properties. Motel 6's aren't fancy. They're basic, and so I expect basic accommodations, which is what I got here. But as I was leaving, I felt like my business was really appreciated, and that's what sets this motel apart from the others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Sydney
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Up till now Beatty had the best Motel 6 I've stayed in. Having stayed in this one I have to say this trumps Beatty. The room was extremely clean, bed was comfortable, carpet clean and the room was very spacious. The wifi was extremely quick, you can watch internet videos without any lag. The area was very quiet, although I could hear people from the lobby and unfortunately was placed in a room outside the pool entrance so people were going in and out of the pool. Overall, highly recommend this Motel 6.

Room Tip: The difference between suites and normal rooms is that suites have a microwave and fridge so if you...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Though we had reserved a nonsmoking room, we were given a smoking room upon check in. The room was dirty. And the smell of smoke was so overwhelming that I became nauseated within a few seconds of entering the room and developed a headache that lasted several hours. We had to go back and insist upon being moved to a nonsmoking room. So they finally moved us upstairs. This unpleasant experience is the reason for my poor rating!

The new room was reasonably clean and had all the basic amenities that would be expected for accommodations in this price range. One drawback: the nearby railroad tracks. It didn't bother me too much as I've grown accustomed to night noises. But if you're a light sleeper, look elsewhere. Our room was on the opposite side of the building, facing away from the tracks. Yet, the train was still quite loud!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 5 August 2011

The area appeared clean and felt reasonably safe (never lose awareness of your surroundings when traveling). Plenty of hotel options nearby, but Motel 6 is the cheapest. Did not make a reservation; check-in was quick. Staff member was helpful and did a good job dealing with some grumpy folks. Wi-Fi was about $3 USD and it worked. The swimming pool was clean and in use. Room door had the security card entry system. Simple room that I expect of Motel 6. Faux wood flooring. Room was clean; bathroom was clean. The mattress was definitely worn but I did not lose sleep. Noted some lint and hair on the sheet - honestly, this happens in motels $40 or $400 a night. I often have my own sleeping bag and pillow with me ;-) The AC unit worked great. Free coffee in the morning.

What I expect of Motel 6. Will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo