“Excellent Wine and Food”

Luna Rossa Winery & Pizzeria
Ranked #10 of 388 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Wow! We had the Sangiovese for our wine and it was on par or beat anything we had in Italy. No kidding - Bravo on the wine! The pizza was well prepared. This is a five point venue, except for the ambience which is properly described as "tacky high end fast food." La Luna Rossa would do themselves well by upping the game to match their wine.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

During our short stay in Las Cruces, we went to Luna Rossa twice---once in the afternoon for a wine tasting & later in the evening for their Monday $5 pizza special. During the afternoon, we had a fun tasting with generous pours. The owner/winemaker is from Italy, so we were intrigued to see how Italian wine varietals would fare in southern New Mexico. They were surprisingly good! We followed our wine tasting with gelato, which tempts you right as you walk in the door. Delicious! That evening, the $5 pizza special applied to a one-topping pie. As you can imagine, the place was humming, but service was attentive and the pizza was VERY good. We sampled even more wines with dinner because they offered so many wine selections. What a superb find in Las Cruces, NM!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We went for lunch, had a pizza and salad to share, two glasses of wine and two cups of gelato and not only was the food excellent and the service good but the total was only $36. The reason for the title is that this is a great pizza place, an excellent wine bar and tasting center and on some nights a Karaoke bar. We dined inside, but most of the seating is outside. That could be an issue if it is too hot or too cold. We are staying about a block away from this place and I can tell you the Karaoke is very loud. If we had come on that night this review would have been very different. So this is a place where you have to know what you want it to be and make sure you're there when it is.

1  Thank dqdick
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I discovered Luna Rossa wines several years ago when the winery did a wine tasting at a commercial spaceflight conference in Las Cruces. Since they didn't do that this year (Although "Heart of the Desert" winery did and was a delightful discovery), we went looking for Luna Rossa's tasting room and pizzeria for dinner. It was delightful! The pizza was European style, thin, crisp crust with delicious toppings. My wife had a Margarita pizza with fresh basil and generous cheese. I had a spicy salsiccia pizza that was as good as any I've had on this side of the pond. We accompanied the pizza with a very pleasant New Mexican Refosco, which had big Flavors of dark berries and a smooth finish. The wine and pizza Flavors danced together very well.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you want a thin crust, oven baked pizza with unique toppings and light sauce, this is the place to eat. My favorite pizza has artichokes, green chile, prosciutto, goat cheese and mushrooms. I have them add the green chile. A great pizza for under 10.00 and it is perfect for 2. I like their antipasta appetizer with prosciutto, artichoke hearts, cheese and roasted red peppers. The wine selection is amazing! You can sample before ordering. I like any of the sweet reds as well as the dessert wine. They also have homemade Gelatto. It is good but not too flavorful. I had the salted caramel and my friend had the cherry. Both were a nice ending to a good meal though.